Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by havacman View Post
    Hopefully they won’t move it. Toyota plant in Georgetown Ky inside the fence is not considered American soil believe it or not. I learned that in my CCW class about 8 years ago when they were discussing where you could or couldn’t carry a firearm. Inside the fence at the Toyota plant was one where you couldn’t carry because it is not American soil. That is almost like an embassy building area.
    If that's true, then the vehicles aren't made in America.
    2010 BassCat Puma FTD
    2010 Mercury 250 Pro XS

2. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    I think the buyout should be and will be blocked. This is one of those things where 20 years from now, if things goes sideways, we think how stupid it was to allow it to happen.
    Thanos was the hero

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yj99t04 View Post
    its not true its a foreign trade zone which only applies to tarrifs taxes and so forth.

4. Member
    Crazy what is allowed in this country. All the wealth created is being given away to the world. Need to share but not give..............

Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    I think the buyout should be and will be blocked. This is one of those things where 20 years from now, if things goes sideways, we think how stupid it was to allow it to happen.
    Blocked based on what?

Watching coverage on this earlier the analysts were sure it would go through since 1) it would not reduce competition in the marketplace and 2) there's no threat to national security. USS is the 27th largest steel company, not exactly a big fish.

7. Member
    We will pretty much be owned by China before long

8. Member
    This list is a few years old, notice Beam/Suntory and the Horse farms are not there I think. https://ced.ky.gov/kyedc/kpdf/Japane...ties_in_KY.PDF

9. Member
    And this nightmare just keeps going

10. Member
    Yes, I hear even the WH is for sale.

11. Member
    I don't understand how this company is going to be different than Toyota. Japanese owned company operating in the US with US labor. I guess I also don't understand how this contributes to the downfall of America. If they shut down operations or move it overseas then I would agree that's bad. Ownership being Japanese doesn't seem like that big of a deal. Workers still paying American Taxes and still having American workers. A handful of suites in Japan get paid too. I just don't think the sky is falling and don't think this purchase is close to an indication of such.

12. Member
    Lots of outrage But then run right out to buy junk tools from Harbor Freight, & buy ittle Johnny Christmas presents from TEMU. Can't have it both ways.

13. Member
    Since when did having a stroke make someone smart? Fetterman has been on a roll lately and is one comment away from an FBI investigation

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thamelau View Post
    I don't understand how this company is going to be different than Toyota. Japanese owned company operating in the US with US labor. I guess I also don't understand how this contributes to the downfall of America. If they shut down operations or move it overseas then I would agree that's bad. Ownership being Japanese doesn't seem like that big of a deal. Workers still paying American Taxes and still having American workers. A handful of suites in Japan get paid too. I just don't think the sky is falling and don't think this purchase is close to an indication of such.
    Spot on. ^^^

15. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by novakevlar View Post
    Blocked based on what?

Watching coverage on this earlier the analysts were sure it would go through since 1) it would not reduce competition in the marketplace and 2) there's no threat to national security. USS is the 27th largest steel company, not exactly a big fish.

It's not about competition or national security today its about tomorrow. How many steel companies do we allow to be bought by foreign entities before we consider it a problem? What happens in 10 years if the new owners decides they've made all the profit they need and the steel mills would require too much new investment to keep it running and they decide to shut it down? I've seen this game pay out before. We need steel to build tanks, bombers, ships, munitions and weapons. We need steel to build bridges, pipelines, transmission towers. Steel production is a massive national security interest. It's easier to protect it now than wait and try to save it.

It's never a problem until it is a problem and then it's too late.
    Thanos was the hero

Quote Originally Posted by yj99t04 View Post
    Yes, Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Kentucky (TMMK) is located in Georgetown, Kentucky, United States. It is a private company and operates on private land1. However, it is subject to the laws and regulations of the United States and the state of Kentucky1

I did not type the above, it is copied and pasted.
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thamelau View Post
    All profits going over seas that should be staying in this country! This country has been sold out!

18. Member
    Why are they for sale, has over regulation made them unprofitable ? , seems to be a high demand for steel

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DAC244 View Post
    All profits going over seas that should be staying in this country! This country has been sold out!
    That fact must be hard for some to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    It's not about competition or national security today its about tomorrow. How many steel companies do we allow to be bought by foreign entities before we consider it a problem? What happens in 10 years if the new owners decides they've made all the profit they need and the steel mills would require too much new investment to keep it running and they decide to shut it down? I've seen this game pay out before. We need steel to build tanks, bombers, ships, munitions and weapons. We need steel to build bridges, pipelines, transmission towers. Steel production is a massive national security interest. It's easier to protect it now than wait and try to save it.

It's never a problem until it is a problem and then it's too late.
    USS isn't Nucor, but clearly foreign ownership is a sore point for many. I guess we have a lot of unpatriotic shareholders and owners. How is that the government's duty to police? Sounds like we need more laws and regulations to restrict profit seekers from selling out their country.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast