Question 2006 Ranger Z19- Tach and Water Pressure

Hey Everyone, I have a 2006 Ranger Z19 . The tach in dash has the smaller water pressure gauge built in with it. I noticed my water pressure gauge wasn't working the other day, so I thought I'd check on it today !! It looks as if the dial on the switch has turned a complete 360. I took the small water tube loose from engine and blowed a little air in it and sure enough it has made a complete backward rotation ! Are these gauges capable of being repaired or just need to have them replaced ? My boat being a 2006 model can I even get the same gauge from Ranger ? Thanks. Tommy
    TOMMY D. ALLEN - ULYSSES, KY
    2006 RANGER Z19 - 2006 YAMAHA 225

Yep, the gauge is toast. Are you sure the tubing goes all the way to the gauge. Most boats that era had a remote pressure transmitter. It look like a small cylinder with the water pressure hose connected to it and two wires going to the gauge. It would be located inside the setback in front of your transom. Those things went bad or got frozen all the time. Ranger would (or used to) have replacements.
    Butch Derickson
    2011 Z521 w/250 hp SHO
    Traverse City, Michigan

3. Member
    I'll check that and see !!! We took it loose from the gauge and blowed air thru it from engine to gauge and some black nasty was came out of it !! Tommy
    TOMMY D. ALLEN - ULYSSES, KY
    2006 RANGER Z19 - 2006 YAMAHA 225

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy D. View Post
    I'll check that and see !!! We took it loose from the gauge and blowed air thru it from engine to gauge and some black nasty was came out of it !! Tommy
    If there is a hose on the gauge then you don't have the remote transmitter. Its purpose was to keep water out of the gauge. You'll have to get a new gauge. Is your gauge one of the Ranger branded ones? If it is, good luck getting a replacement; probably not available.
    Butch Derickson
    2011 Z521 w/250 hp SHO
    Traverse City, Michigan

5. Member
    I had this exact boat and my gauge also went bad. I was able to get a replacement from Ranger but that was about 6 years ago.