Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    You are correct. You have to go to the GPS manufactor to get the adaptive cables for the 14 pin connector. however.They may or may not work.I know that a lot of people will be highly upset if they don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradrodfish View Post
    You are correct. You have to go to the GPS manufactor to get the adaptive cables for the 14 pin connector. however.They may or may not work.I know that a lot of people will be highly upset if they don't work.
    Looks like there are new Minnkota adapters for Lowrance and Garmin for the HW CHIRP transducer. DSC stands for Dual Spectrum Cable. Listed on the Minnkota website.
    MKR-DSC-10
    MKR-DSC-12
    MKR-DSC-14
    MKR-DSC-15
    MKR-DSC-16
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    I think the Quest Dual Spectrum CHIRP 2D Transducer option is the "universal" option, but the SI/DI one is only applicable to HB infrastructures... At least, that's how I understand it.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    Looks like there are new Minnkota adapters for Lowrance and Garmin for the HW CHIRP transducer. DSC stands for Dual Spectrum Cable. Listed on the Minnkota website.
    MKR-DSC-10
    MKR-DSC-12
    MKR-DSC-14
    MKR-DSC-15
    MKR-DSC-16
    Yes these are the right one. I don't know for sure about the msi or mdi of that transducer, but from pass experience I would agree with you. From what they stated MK could not confirm operation which tell me they did not test on other units than Humminbird.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SLYDoggie View Post
    I think the Quest Dual Spectrum CHIRP 2D Transducer option is the "universal" option, but the SI/DI one is only applicable to HB infrastructures... At least, that's how I understand it.
    That is correct.

6. Member
    Has the Terrova Quest foot pedal steering improved ?
    I have a Terrova ipilot before 2015 and there is very little movement in foot pedal toe and heel steering .
    With the older version I'll push with toe and nothing happens and I push harder and the trolling moves too much and I go through the same thing steering back due to over steering.
    There is very little pedal movement with my version.
    Except for my foot pedal I like my Terrova .

Can you give me the shaft measurements of an original Ultrex 45" and a new Ultrex Quest 45" from bottom of head to centerline of the motor.
    The Quest looks to be a little longer if measured that way due to the design of the motor itself.
    Thanks Mike

Has anyone weighed a Quest? The Quest will be my next TM and hoping it is lighter. The only thing I have found is that is a "a bit heavier."

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

9. Member
    I seen a post where someone weighed both and the quest was about 9 lbs heavier.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    Can you give me the shaft measurements of an original Ultrex 45" and a new Ultrex Quest 45" from bottom of head to centerline of the motor.
    The Quest looks to be a little longer if measured that way due to the design of the motor itself.
    Thanks Mike
    Memory serves me the actual length of the shaft is either 46 3/4 or 47 3/4. My shop is closed till Wednesday. I will let you know. I do not remember the spec of the Quest. I will check on that too.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Phalin View Post
    I seen a post where someone weighed both and the quest was about 9 lbs heavier.
    The quest is a little heavier. What the exact amount I am not sure, but 9# sounds right. NOt overly heavy, but heavier.

12. Member
    In the quest manual it says 15' or more from battery for a 4 gauge wire for the 24v but stays at 6 gauge for the 36v.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Danbaerwald View Post
    In the quest manual it says 15' or more from battery for a 4 gauge wire for the 24v but stays at 6 gauge for the 36v.
    36v draws less amps then the 24v

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasD View Post
    36v draws less amps then the 24v
    thanks forgot about that

I'm ordering a new Ulterra Quest with Dual Spectrum Chirp. I'm confused on which Minn Kota adapter cable I need. Minn Kota said to order NEW DSC Adapter Cable / MKR-DSC-14 GARMIN 8-PIN # 1852082 for my Ultra 106SV.

I called Garmin to verify and they said no, order Minn Kota
    US2 Adapter Cable / MKR-US2-14 - Garmin 8-Pin Item # 1852074

What would you do?

2020 Ranger VS1782 DC
    Mercury ProXS 150
    Garmin 106 Ultra/UHD 93sv/LVS34
    Ulterra Quest, 115/90

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bill007 View Post
    Has the Terrova Quest foot pedal steering improved ?
    I have a Terrova ipilot before 2015 and there is very little movement in foot pedal toe and heel steering .
    With the older version I'll push with toe and nothing happens and I push harder and the trolling moves too much and I go through the same thing steering back due to over steering.
    There is very little pedal movement with my version.
    Except for my foot pedal I like my Terrova .
    The Foot pedal is different and you can do more things with it. See below. The operations manual is on the Minn Kota website.

https://www.russellmarineproducts.co...-pedal-1866078

Quest Manual

https://johnsonoutdoors.widen.net/co...-2327138ra.pdf

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Mountaineer View Post
    I'm ordering a new Ulterra Quest with Dual Spectrum Chirp. I'm confused on which Minn Kota adapter cable I need. Minn Kota said to order NEW DSC Adapter Cable / MKR-DSC-14 GARMIN 8-PIN # 1852082 for my Ultra 106SV.

I called Garmin to verify and they said no, order Minn Kota
    US2 Adapter Cable / MKR-US2-14 - Garmin 8-Pin Item # 1852074

What would you do?

Garmin is wrong It is 1852082. The 1852074 is for the old US2 transducer.

Question refers to Ulterra Quest with Dual Spectrum Chirp transducer only. Does the new Dual Spectrum Chirp feature give a better, brighter, or more sharp traditional sonar image with a Garmin Ultra 106SV than the old US2 system? did (I will only be using traditional sonar)? I'm hoping it does, I had a lot if interference on my old Ulterra.

The blister pack the MKR-DSC-14-GARMIN 8-PIN connector came in promised "Shielded cable for crystal-clear sonar performance"
    2020 Ranger VS1782 DC
    Mercury ProXS 150
    Ulterra Quest, 115/90

19. Member
    We have been told from Minn Kota That it may or may not work. As far as the setup you will have to call either Minn Kota Or Garmin. I will try to see if any have an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradrodfish View Post
    We have been told from Minn Kota That it may or may not work. As far as the setup you will have to call either Minn Kota Or Garmin. I will try to see if any have an answer.
    Thanks for all your help Bradrodfish. Installation is scheduled for next week and can't wait to try it out.
    2020 Ranger VS1782 DC
    Mercury ProXS 150
    Ulterra Quest, 115/90

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast