Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Classicxl View Post
    I couldn't afford the maintenance.

2. Member
    I've got a 2 yr old Frigidaire that doesn't dry worth a flip.

BOSCH

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

4. Member
    our kitchen aid has been great a lot of my custoimers use bosch

5. Member
    We have a GE Profile that is almost 20 years old and still works as it should. Bosch is also a great choice.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vatreefarmer View Post
    Based on this boards overwhelming responses to the same question, 2 years ago we also bought a Bosch. It is super quiet and cleans exceptionally well. But wifey strongly dislikes that "drying" is so hot. No real heating element in ours, it uses the heat from the hot water. Sounds great in theory, but she has to dry the cleaned dishes
    The mid-level Bosch is hard to beat for value and I like the drying system. It's much easier on plastic stuff than conventional machines with heaters and if you leave it in there long enough, everything dries eventually. At first I thought the 3rd rack for silverware was annoying but once I got used to it I wouldn't buy another one without it (it's really only helpful if you sort the silverware as it goes in. Then you can scoop all the spoons in one hand, all the forks in another, etc) Also, the glasses don't get etched for some reason. I think its the same detergent but the glasses come out in much better shape and it didn't melt logos off my beer glasses

I'm now renting a house with the cheapest GE you can get and I'm like. "Oh, so this is how the peasants live. "
    Some people are so judgemental. You can tell just by looking at 'em.--Some random meme

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vatreefarmer View Post
    Based on this boards overwhelming responses to the same question, 2 years ago we also bought a Bosch. It is super quiet and cleans exceptionally well. But wifey strongly dislikes that "drying" is so hot. No real heating element in ours, it uses the heat from the hot water. Sounds great in theory, but she has to dry the cleaned dishes
    if she is opening it right after the cycle finished thats part of the issue. You need to let it cool down before you open the door its all spelled out in the manual. That allows the water on the dishes to evaporate and it condensates on the walls into the drain. Just leave it over night and i bet everything is a lot better. They do this evaporative drying thing to earn the energy star label and they use a LOT less energy vs one with a traditional heater for drying. When i switched my old whirlpool out for a Bosch i saw the difference on i my electric bill immediately.

The only gripe we ever had with our Bosch was it did not dry plastics well. Everything else was great and if i would buy another one. Our RV that we pick up next week has a Fischer Paykel drawer style in it. My Sister who lived in fancy pantsville has one of those and she says it’s fantastic…

With small feet, so she can stand close to the sink..

9. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    another standard Whirlpool dishwasher... Frigidaire are good too... The less BS the better...

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

10. Member
    Bosch/ Thermador.

11. Member
    Bosch

12. Moderator
    I’m tired of replacing ours every few years with the marked down stuff at Lowes. From reading this it will be a bosch next time around

That's the real expensive kind...........what brand is that?
    Dallas Cowboys…..Eventual Super Bowl Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Lx545 View Post
    I've got a 2 yr old Frigidaire that doesn't dry worth a flip.
    Yup

Bring back the dishwashers with the big heating loop on the bottom that'll melt your Tupperware.

15. Member
    This will be VERY EXPENSIVE!

Get a Bosch

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by frystec View Post
    Stainless steel tub and either KitchenAid or Bosch. Had both for 10 years+ with no issues.
    Agreed. I put in a highly rated Kitchenaid SS dishwasher 3 years ago. Great unit. Very quiet and no problems at all.
    John

17. Member
    Too Expensive to maintain.

18. Member
    Bosch

19. Member
    This horse has been beaten to death here, really only one answer, Bosch.

20. Member
    Kitchenaid

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast