Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ranger 520R Electrical Warranty Extended to 5 years…

I will not complain. It’s the right thing to do given how many issues I’ve had with my RIDE system.

Took it into the shop and they are going to be updating everything. RIDE system is being replaced, start button, transom battery gauge, OP Box, and a number of other things. Hard to complain about an extended warranty and make me feel a lot better about Ranger.

2. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    I got the letter also recently. Good to hear you're getting your Ride system ironed out.

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

That thing had to be slowing sales for them to do that. Hopefully they have it figured out.

4. Member
    So my new boat has the ride issue, alarms go off and fuel gauge doesn’t work. The dealer said they had a new module to fix, is this the same issue everyone else is having, and the whole system is to be replaced?

5. Member
    Got the letter as well, then got a call from my dealer to let me know they will be calling me when the replacement parts arrive to set up a time to bring it in and replace the Ride System and additional components. Seems Ranger is being proactive in replacing the units they have identified even before issues arise.
    Dwight B
    Semper Fi
    2023 Ranger Z520R, Merc 250HP Pro XS,
    Lowrance HDS LIVE 12 Console and Bow Active Target, Dual 8ft Blade Series Power Poles,
    TH-Marine Atlas Jack Plate's 10" Setback

6. BBC SPONSOR
    I got the same letter a few weeks ago. I also had my op box replaced on my last visit. ( picked it up Thursday and fished out of it Sunday ) I had a lot of trouble with my R.I.D.E. system as others have had. After fishing on it a day, it's nice that the fuel gauge works now. Hydraulic plate gauge was correct at the start of the day, but off just a bit when I put it on the trailer, but it wasn't way off like it used to be. It's also nice to have the push to start feature back to working again. I caught myself reaching for the key several times, and remembered that the push button is working now. Fingers crossed that the issue is finally resolved on this. I love the boat, but I've been very frustrated with the R.I.D.E. system not working properly.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by C&OcharlieJr View Post
    I got the same letter a few weeks ago. I also had my op box replaced on my last visit. ( picked it up Thursday and fished out of it Sunday ) I had a lot of trouble with my R.I.D.E. system as others have had. After fishing on it a day, it's nice that the fuel gauge works now. Hydraulic plate gauge was correct at the start of the day, but off just a bit when I put it on the trailer, but it wasn't way off like it used to be. It's also nice to have the push to start feature back to working again. I caught myself reaching for the key several times, and remembered that the push button is working now. Fingers crossed that the issue is finally resolved on this. I love the boat, but I've been very frustrated with the R.I.D.E. system not working properly.
    The only question is how long will the fix work? I came close to buying a R boat earlier this year and the R.I.D.E. system was one of the reasons for not doing it.

Took mine out yesterday after the update's were done... not happy guy, Fob not in range, no gps heading fix, no jackplate and start button not working. I had no issues prior to the updates

The 50 mile trip to the dealer though L.A. traffic is the worst part.

My gas gauge has never worked so I'm having my dealer update everything. I won't be able to test it out until the ice goes off our lakes in the spring so I'm really hoping the update works and doesn't create new issues.

10. Member
    I hate that this RIDE system has cost them sales. I first saw the R when they unveiled it in Fort Worth. The head of engineering was there and was answering questions. I asked him about the RIDE system and he said they have been using it for years on their pontoon boats and decided to bring it over. I believed him at the time, but I’ve since questioned it because everyone I know has had issues. Good they are making it right, a little sad they lose sales over it. Aside from a few, I’ve liked all the Ranger owners I’ve met.

11. Member
    Sorry to pull up an old thread but is this warranty extension applicable to used boats.
    The reason I ask is I am looking at a used 2023 R boat and in the picture of the ride system
    there is a warning on the screen with a key fob fault code showing

12. Member
    My '22 R gets that occasionally (15% of the time) but once I move the FOB closer the message disappears and the motor fires up - never left me stranded. That said - you absolutely need an extra pack of batteries - because when they die - and they seem to die quickly - you'll need to replace asap. This happened just once - of course the morning of a Derby @ the Cal Delta and the tiny screwdriver I had on board saved the day.

Bottom line: mess around with the FOB before nixing the boat.
    2024 Z520R / 2022 250 ProXS

My “next” boat list keeps getting shorter. I would just like a regular old key ignition

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by champ223 View Post
    My “next” boat list keeps getting shorter. I would just like a regular old key ignition
    I did get that option with my R model. If the Ride system gets sketchy I can always start the motor with a key..
    2023 Ranger 521R DC
    Mercury 250 Pro XS 4S

15. Member
    All good information but back to my question, those of you who got the “letter” from Ranger there must be language that says the 5 year extension is good to the original owner, or date of manufacture or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Kromer View Post
    All good information but back to my question, those of you who got the “letter” from Ranger there must be language that says the 5 year extension is good to the original owner, or date of manufacture or something?
    IMG-2390.jpg
    ‘22 Ranger Z520R - Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Humminbird/Minn Kota One Boat Network

17. Member
    Thanks Rich!

18. Member
    Interesting they didn't offer it with 600 series boats. Maybe it has more to do with the key fob which the 600s don't have. I've heard of quite a few that had issue on 600 series rides

19. Member
    OK.
    I pulled the trigger on a 2023 520R with 48 hours and all the goodies.
    It should be delivered sometime next week after a few mods I asked the dealer to perform.

This boat came out of a Vexus dealer (trade-in) so I could not get the recall done on the ride system but I assume once I register in my name I can contact my local dealer and schedule the work??

20. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kromer View Post
    OK.
    I pulled the trigger on a 2023 520R with 48 hours and all the goodies.
    It should be delivered sometime next week after a few mods I asked the dealer to perform.

This boat came out of a Vexus dealer (trade-in) so I could not get the recall done on the ride system but I assume once I register in my name I can contact my local dealer and schedule the work??
    Congrats! Yes, once registered in your name your local dealer can perform the work. Post pics when you take delivery!

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast