Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. #FRB
    Quote Originally Posted by GeauxTide View Post
    Having fished out of an Xpress X17 and X19 for many years, I would never buy a tin boat with .100 gauge hull and transom that hangs a 450# 150hp motor on it.
    Yeah my Xpress with .125 aluminum feels like a tank compared to the Tracker I had before it. Someone got a really well looked after Tracker when they bought mine but I knew it was just a matter of time before my home lake caught me off guard and got a little too moody for it. Fun fact...my home lake is Lake Maumelle and Maumelle is a Native American term for "large breast". Named after Pinnacle Mountain that you can see from all over the lake. Pinnacle looks like a large breast. Being built in a wind tunnel in the mountains it's fitting because the lake can turn into a pissed off woman at any given time.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

2. #FRB
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    You got that right.

Got my CX18ss with a 150 for way less then the AVX 1880 with a 115.
    I even priced out the new Vexus rated for a 75hp last year and wanted to know what they were smoking. NOT a price point boat that's for sure. There's one with a 70hp Yamaha on it in my area and it's owned by what appears to be their target customer. Older guy who just wants something nice and really easy to handle.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

Since I've owned a Ranger aluminum since 2020, I've been on the lookout for bad hull problems posted on line. What I've noticed is the problems are predominantly with pre 2020 Ranger RT hulls. I believe they have changed something in the manufacturing process that has strengthened the hulls. I've not seen any postings on hull separation on Ranger aluminums in the past 4 years on BBC or Ranger face book groups.
    2020 Ranger VS1782 DC
    Mercury ProXS 150
    Garmin 106 Ultra/UHD 93sv/LVS34
    Ulterra Quest, 115/90

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Mountaineer View Post
    Since I've owned a Ranger aluminum since 2020, I've been on the lookout for bad hull problems posted on line. What I've noticed is the problems are predominantly with pre 2020 Ranger RT hulls. I believe they have changed something in the manufacturing process that has strengthened the hulls. I've not seen any postings on hull separation on Ranger aluminums in the past 4 years on BBC or Ranger face book groups.
    Ranger re-designed the RT198p hull for the 2021 model year including additional bracing in the bow area. The instances where the hull was splitting open at or near the keel in the bow area were caused by welds failing on internal braces. The brace then popped thru the hull exterior.

John Walker - Matthews NC

2021 Ranger RT198P - Mercury 150 4S - Enertia Eco
    VesselView Link - MotorGuide Tour Pro - Lowrance Carbons

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234