Banned

Winter this year

Looks like our winter this year is supposed to be colder and wetter than previous years. We really didn't have much of a winter last year. Maybe the snowbirds will be fewer this year. One can only hope.....

2. Member
    Dream on my friend.

3. Member
    Hang out at buc-e-es and you won’t thing that. It seems half the cars are snowbirds.

4. Member
    Before heading down to you guys this year I think I will swing up to Ontario and pick up a few Canadian Snow Birds and drop them off at your favorite fishing hole....................LOL

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
    Before heading down to you guys this year I think I will swing up to Ontario and pick up a few Canadian Snow Birds and drop them off at your favorite fishing hole....................LOL
    They are already here. Besides, I just saw a story that said that the Canadians are starting to get tired of Americans going to Canada. The feeling is mutual....

6. Member
    I have a friend telling me a good amount of snowbirds are already down in Zephyrhills. Which she is happy a good amount are. Because she was saying the Moose Lodge had been pretty boring to her till they come down and started coming into the Moose Lodge.

7. Banned
    Well, if it's like the Moose lodge here, it's boring all year long.....

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by acesover View Post
    Well, if it's like the Moose lodge here, it's boring all year long.....
    Zephyrhills has lots of retired old northerners from all over, and gets the snowbirds. Around this time of year, till March or so, that Moose Lodge gets packed. I have been a member since 2017. But back in 2021 because of my body I would only make it every couple months or so. Now just talk with people I know from there, because I haven't been in around seven months. I should have taken up on some of those old women's offers to take care of me.

9. Member
    I work with an eyesight of I 75 in Ocala. They’ve been here. And are still coming. Southbound traffic on Friday afternoon and evenings, and again on Saturday afternoon evenings have been at a standstill the last few weeks.
    Brad Krone

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BassCatBrad View Post
    I work with an eyesight of I 75 in Ocala. They’ve been here. And are still coming. Southbound traffic on Friday afternoon and evenings, and again on Saturday afternoon evenings have been at a standstill the last few weeks.
    The traffic here is bad enough, but add the clowns from up north and it just gets worse.
    The only saving grace is that it is becoming too expensive for them to move here unless they are very well off.
    If you don't live here year-round, don't complain.

11. Member
    I’m ready for winter to be over already.

12. Member
    The traffic here is bad enough, but add the clowns from up north and it just gets worse.
    The only saving grace is that it is becoming too expensive for them to move here unless they are very well off.
    If you don't live here year-round, don't complain.
    The clowns from up north are nothing compared to FL Man on I-4 or the turnpike.
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    "If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
    -David Daye

13. Member
    Location Eau Gallie, Florida Posts2,686

Looks like our winter this year is supposed to be colder and wetter than previous years. We really didn't have much of a winter last year. Maybe the snowbirds will be fewer this year. One can only hope.....

Oh, the humanity!! 20 Fahrenheit yesterday here. My heart cries for you.

14. Member
    Feb/March of 2020 during the pandemic the wife n I jumped on a nice VRBO in FL squeezing out some Canadians and still have it booked thru 2025. So everything about the pandemic wasn’t bad.