Places to get reels serviced

I’m sending in a couple Shimano reels to get serviced and was wondering who’s the most reliable. I will go to ReelEx if I get the time to send them over before the closing but who else outside of them?

2. Member
    Delaware valley tackle...

https://www.delawarevalleytackle.com/

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KpDuty View Post
    Delaware valley tackle...

https://www.delawarevalleytackle.com/
    Cant recommend this place. Messed up my chronarch ci4 I sent him. Reel came back with cross brace falling off and the little clip missing. And the turning effort was quite high had to disassemble and put the drag stack back together correctly. So I cant say he's reliable.

4. Member
    Look up Trey Harpel in Missouri. Dude is the best in the biz.

Here’s a tip if you own a Shimano reel. Ask whomever your checking out which lubricants they use particularly grease. If they are NOT using Shimano greases then look elsewhere as they are NOT all created equal. If said tech doesn’t use Shimano greases then find someone else. You’ll be glad you did. Dan
    " Serious Service for the Serious Angler"

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by reelex View Post
    Here’s a tip if you own a Shimano reel. Ask whomever your checking out which lubricants they use particularly grease. If they are NOT using Shimano greases then look elsewhere as they are NOT all created equal. If said tech doesn’t use Shimano greases then find someone else. You’ll be glad you did. Dan
    I’ll keep that noted, thank you for that. I was wondering also what would make me choose between going to a guy or go through Shimano? Is there a reason people go to a specific guy rather than thru shimano?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TDobb View Post
    I was looking at him, I see his stuff on social media and it looks legit.

Turnaround time, age of the reel(s), customization wants. Dan
    " Serious Service for the Serious Angler"

9. Member
    Has anyone had good luck going through just Shimano? How is their service?

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QUAKEnSHAKE View Post
    Cant recommend this place. Messed up my chronarch ci4 I sent him. Reel came back with cross brace falling off and the little clip missing. And the turning effort was quite high had to disassemble and put the drag stack back together correctly. So I cant say he's reliable.
    Man...that's no good. I miss Connie out of Texas. There just aren't as many shops around as there used to be.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QUAKEnSHAKE View Post
    x2 I've had a bad experience with DVT and would not send any reels his way. Trey on the other hand is pretty good! Really wish the tackle trap would get their reel cleaning service back, that was the best!

Worth it to learn how to do it yourself. I've been servicing mine for years now and baitcasters aren't too complicated. It's the spinning reels that I don't touch. Luckily I don't use them much and I'll just sell and buy new to avoid cleaning them

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fluke1987 View Post
    Worth it to learn how to do it yourself. I've been servicing mine for years now and baitcasters aren't too complicated. It's the spinning reels that I don't touch. Luckily I don't use them much and I'll just sell and buy new to avoid cleaning them
    Yeppers agreed...and FWIW, I'll make sure to be aware of any threadlines you have for sale, and note that it will likely need a full service. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1 View Post
    Yeppers agreed...and FWIW, I'll make sure to be aware of any threadlines you have for sale, and note that it will likely need a full service. ;-)
    Check back in several years...lol

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TDobb View Post
    many thanks man..
    lewisboat.com
    Omega Custom Tackle
    Lewis Pro Team
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite