Question Rite Hite turret with a Fish Obsessed Zero Degree Mount

Who is using a Rite Hite turret and a Fish Obsessed Zero Degree Mount? I put one on my Ghost trolling motor and the weight of the FO mount caused the pole of the turret to come loose creating almost 180 degrees of play in the turret. I had to take it apart to re-tighten the set screws of the turret. Went fishing again and the same thing happened. I think the weight of the mount is too much for those set screws to hold. Anyone else seeing this? I like the FO mount because I can quickly go from Forward to Scout mode. I obviously like the turret because I can fish using spot-lock and not worry about losing the FF images. I'm thinking I can't have both if I want a separate mount for my AT transducer.

2. Member
    With or without a stabilizer between the turret and t/m shaft?
    2014 Ranger Z520C, Yamaha 250 SHO

3. Member
    With the one it comes with.

4. Member
    I've been looking for a mount to replace the stock rite hite mount. Very interested in what you find out.
    2017 18trx, 200 proxs serial 2B401503

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bgreig2 View Post
    With the one it comes with.
    So two points of contact or connection to the shaft? Sorry, just trying to get the exact picture and what the axis is on the 180 degrees. With the upper connection of the turret to the t/m shaft plus an additional stabilizer down lower I’m wondering how it happens. Or have you contacted Rite Hite to see if they have any ideas?
    2014 Ranger Z520C, Yamaha 250 SHO

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike A View Post
    So two points of contact or connection to the shaft? Sorry, just trying to get the exact picture and what the axis is on the 180 degrees. With the upper connection of the turret to the t/m shaft plus an additional stabilizer down lower I’m wondering how it happens. Or have you contacted Rite Hite to see if they have any ideas?
    The upper connection of the turret is not attached to the t/m shaft. It goes straight into the turret housing which is connected to the trolling motor as a separate bracket. The "kickstand" stabilizer from Rite-Hite protects the transducer from bounce. The zero-degree mount is attached to the lower end of the turret shaft. I think that the weight of the zero-degree mount causes the turret shaft to loosen due to running in rough conditions. That shaft is held in place by 2 set screws inside the turret that eventually become loose over time. I could use some Loc-tite on them but then I can't remove that shaft if I ever need to, which I did recently to replace the motor in the turret that was covered by warranty on a repair. I have ordered a new Scout/forward bracket from Rite-Hite which would alleviate the need for the Zero-degree mount, maybe...When I used the one that came with the Rite-Hite over the weekend my sensitivity went way, way down. I have also ordered the better stabilizer from BFE so that may help with preventing damage to the turret/ transducer. Might have to just go ahead and use the zero-degree, add loc-tite to the set-screws and go on down the lake..