Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC

Active Target 1 ducer target area defined???

Hello fellas
    I watched the video in the post on here titled "FFS Explained" and in that video the one guy said about seeing your top water or lure enter the surface or something like that. Really??

I've been noticing that a certain area of the top of my screen on an angle from the furthest distance to the closest distance on an angle was missing the picture. It's really apparent with my other sonar not "stopped" so I see the scrolling interference!

Say I'm looking out 80' and the scrolling starts out that far and moves toward say about 10', there is a perfectly straight line of missing picture from 80' to 10'. I can't see my lure out at say 60' or even 80' fall til it gets down past that missing picture.

Is that normal or is there something wrong with my AT ducer?
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

2. Member
    How about a screenshot of what you are seeing?

3. Member
    Here is a pic of what I am referring to. The interference is clearly missing across the top of the image at an angle across the top.
    I have the AT ducer set at the correct notch for shooting forward.

I have it mounted on an All Sync . I do not remember seeing this missing portion until recently. And it wasn't until recently that i was able to get rid of interference by stopping sonar on side and down

I've heard mention of "crystals" in a ducer responsible for the entire image? Could this be the case?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

4. Member
    And can anyone out there actually "see" their topwater going across the surface on AT? I've heard guys running Garmin can
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

5. Member
    Your transducer seems to be pointing down to much. Try a click up then see. If not try another click etc. I never run mine on the notch that it’s “suppose to be on”

6. BBC SPONSOR
    I can absolutely see a top water on my A/T. It's not a defined image I'm seeing, but more of I'm watching the disturbance from it. You can definitely see the movement and the disturbance being made. It's actually pretty neat if you're fishing one over deeper open water. I've not tried it shallow or over grass, but out over long points or deeper bars, it's a trip to see one come from underneath and eat it. It'll also show you how many fish come look at it but don't eat it.

All I do is turn my transducer up one click in forward and it works for me. I've not tried it in scout mode.

7. Member
    +1 on seeing top water. Not defined, but a "disturbance" is a more appropriate description.
    21 Phoenix 819 Pro
    21 Mercury Pro XS 200 4 Stroke (3B003279)

8. Member
    Mine does the same thing! I posted in the Active Target group on facebook and everyone acted like I was an idiot. If you adjust the angle of the transducer on the mount the angle of the bottom moves, but so does the dead area. I've raised my mount up the trolling motor shaft thinking maybe my trolling motor was blocking it, I've gone into sonar settings and adjusted the beam angle on the transducer. Again, the bottom angle changes, but the angle of the dead area follows the same angle as the bottom. I've turned stable view on and off. Everything I do moves the bottom on the screen, but the black area on the top follows the same angle. You can see it in the picture below. People said it was because I was "too shallow", but I did that on purpose because the farther you are zoomed in the more that spot shows which makes for a better picture to explain. It doesnt matter if you're in 100' of water the first 1-2 feet out past 50' arent showing up at all. Its frustrating to say the least. I can still use it just fine it just drives me crazy because Im a little OCD about things working properly. Sorry to hijack your post, but you arent alone!

AT2.jpg

9. Member
    Yup, that’s what I’m complaining about. And it has nothing to do with OCD and everything to do with getting the info out there that’s missing!!I thought about moving it up one click but doesn’t that distort everything else? Does everyone have to move it up one click to have that area show up?
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AllyFishing View Post
    Yup, that’s what I’m complaining about. And it has nothing to do with OCD and everything to do with getting the info out there that’s missing!!I thought about moving it up one click but doesn’t that distort everything else? Does everyone have to move it up one click to have that area show up?
    I also should've included mine is AT2. If you adjust your transducer back a notch or two what does the picture do?

Post pictures of your transducer mounts.

I’m suspecting they are mounted upside down.

12. Member
    Ok so today I went out in the same depth area and same settings but raised the ducer up 1 click. Then yes, I am seeing the portion that is missing. However, the bottom out at the 80'distance does not look as sharp as it did with the ducer in the correct notches.

I will get pics of my ducer and its mounted loacation tomorrow. I know my ducer is not upside down.
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AllyFishing View Post
    And can anyone out there actually "see" their topwater going across the surface on AT? I've heard guys running Garmin can
    Yes I have seen the wopper pooper many times. Based on that angle seems that you have a geometry issue or a bad AT Module. Do you have Stable View on? Try that. How high is your bottom of your transducer bracket form the top of the TM Motor? 6 or 7" is best

14. Member
    I’m one that try’s things before asking questions. I tinker with everything. Try moving things around etc and dropping the trolling motor. Everyone’s shaft and shaft length, left right isn’t the same. If you’re not seeing what you want. Try noise off noise on, sensitive. You evidently haven’t tried anything if you were told to move transducer up and then all of sudden you see the top of water column. Try stuff out before you assume somethings wrong. You have to set your graphs up etc. anything else is the same.

15. Member
    A lot of it is common sense, which few have

16. Member
    "I’m one that try’s things before asking questions. I tinker with everything." That is a quote of waterloo

I copied that because I am notorious for doing exactly that. My wife calls me McGyver. I think you missed it when I stated everything was working great until one day that area of the water column was missing.

I've had it on the TM shaft at various heights, then on the all sync shaft since then. I've moved it up and down on that for a period of time evaluating its performance and how the image differes until I settled on where it's at right now.

Then my goal was to get it on a dedicated Live12 on the bow and work on getting rid of the interference which I figured out and attained a perfect picture. Then one day I notice the portion missing that i just posted about.

But I will post some pics for ya'll to see
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

17. Member
    Here are two pics of my AT ducer installed on an all sync
    The one photo clearly shows it's mounted in the correct angle for forward mode.
    The other photo shows the ducer angled up one click.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

18. Member
    Allyfishing- I received some info from a lowrance group that playing with the angle offset will help. I am going to try it this week and see.
    Go to settings/sonar/active target installation/angle offset. See if this helps yours.

I have noticed that if I raise the shaft Like in shallow water the top can be seen better, not the bait so much unless adding "1" click notch up but the water disturbance. With shaft deep the top is sort of missing but not much. I also have seen the AT puck get hit by a bug and splatter on the AT puck and dried. that was some headaches till I noticed that and cleaned the puck off
    JEFF MURRAY USMC
    RANGER Z521C & 15 VERADO PRO 250
    DEEP CREEK LURES and ROSE JIGS
    GREENFISH TACKLE and ALX RODS

20. Member
    Update: For those with angled slope on AT2 and haven’t found a fix, here is what worked for me. system/settings/sonar/active target installation/angle offset/-6.5 degrees/save

Thanks

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast