How to dry boat?

For those of us that decided a boat purchase should come before a shed/shop/garage, and use the Ranger covers, how do ya'll dry them out if they're wet when you get home? I'll probably add a shed this winter or next spring, but in the mean time, if the boat gets wet, how do ya'll deal with drying it out if weather isn't optimal? Had thought a dehumidifier, but that just seems like bailing water out of the titanic with a bucket. Fans just seem to be moving humid air around.

2. Member
    A fan is all I use, works for me.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimsch View Post
    A fan is all I use, works for me.
    Thanks, I'll give that a try. Got a couple trees to cut once the leaves come off, and have sawn and I should be good to build a boat and dump trailer shed.

4. Member
    I use a fan like this. Plug the charger into it and put it on rear deck then put cover on.

https://www.amazon.com/Lasko-U12104-...SABEgKTXvD_BwE
    Rad Brewer

5. Member
    If possible, I'll leave it uncovered for a day. Optionally, put the high cover on and leave an edge pulled up on the TM side. If it's soaked and leaves are flying, I cover it and use a 4" duct in-line fan booster, with the fan on the console floor and the flex duct (short as possible) hanging out the fuel opening in the cover. A 3/1 plug splitter fits in the charging receptacle on the boat, so the power is protected by the GFCI on the house.

1990 Ranger 362V Yamaha Pro-V 150
    Old Town Predator MinnKota

6. Member
    I use a carpet fan when my boat gets wet in the tournament. It takes about 30 minutes from the front and 30 minutes from the back and it’s dry. Picked mine up from Home Depot.

7. Member
    Not being sarcastic but Ill use a shop vac and get as much as I can Then go for a ride usually around 60mph will do

8. Member
    Some good ideas. Just got to get through winter and then hopefully it won't be a worry anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by jstbass View Post
    Not being sarcastic but Ill use a shop vac and get as much as I can Then go for a ride usually around 60mph will do
    Shop vac does work wonders. When I scrub the carpets it's neat to watch the water line recede as you use the vac.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jstbass View Post
    Shop vac works awesome and removes the dirt/pollen from the carpet at the same time. A fan or a ride will quickly dry it after the vac.
    MoBob

2020 Z520c Ranger 250 Pro-XS Mercury
    2023 Ford Raptor
    O'Fallon, MO

10. Member
    Shop vac or bissell carpet machine

11. Member

I use a box fan. Usually dries pretty quick. I do like the shop vac idea also.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by snmccabe View Post
    Added one to the Amazon cart lol.

14. Member
    Open all hatches in garage, turn dehumidifier down a bunch and move fan from bait pouring/lead melting bench to boat deck to keep air moving.