Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Any E bike users?

Want a ebike that won't break the bank. I want something like a mountain bike version or fat tire. Anybody got any knowledge about em? Thanks

2. Member
    Don’t these e bikes take the exercise out of bike riding? Thought that was the whole point of bike riding?

3. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yatesville88fan View Post
    Don’t these e bikes take the exercise out of bike riding? Thought that was the whole point of bike riding?
    he didn't ask about the exercise quality did he?

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lakefolk View Post
    Guess not thanks for being the board monitor.

5. Member
    Depends. If you’re the type that never stops pedaling, you simply go further on a ride and get the same amount of exercise than those who choose to use the throttle, if equipped.

As for the OP’s question, my only suggestion is to buy a bike that you can confirm has parts availability. Not just advertised online, can actually get them in hand because cheap China made parts will break. Especially when you crash. Wear a helmet!!!!!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lakefolk View Post
    He didn't inquire about drink holders!

7. Scraps
    This is where I am with these bikes. Especially for the kids. ALLLL of the young uns in my hood have them.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

8. Member
    First thing is to understand hub drive vs mid drive. Check out Lectric, they have both drive models. I own the 3.0 long range foldable bike, thinking about pre-ordering the new 26" 4" fat tire e bike. The brand is NOT comparative to the high end bikes but the sum of the parts compared to the price, Lectric is a great value. Great entry point bike for the money.
    I use mine for ice fishing, put chains on the tires and drag my ice gear around the ice. I can use it until there is about 6-8" of ice. I can fold it in half, toss it in the back of the truck, no trailer needed. The customer service has been excellent. The bike came with standard cable drive brakes, they were inadequate, Lectic shipped out new hydraulic brakes to every owner, $250 value.

When I bought my 3.0 they tossed in a bunch of upgrades, about $300 value.

9. Member
    PS they have pedal assist and full throttle. in summer, i pedal mostly without power but when a big hill comes up, some are pushing bikes, I go by at about 15 mph. Feel like the roadrunner. The other fun benefit of the ebike is being able to go farther on a trip. You can hit more destinations rather than just riding the same loop over and over.

10. Member
    Totally clueless. Imagine that from a good portion of this group.

11. Member
    I used to have a Sears Mo Ped to deliver papers when I was 12. I just don’t see grown men riding a Mo ped. Get you a Harley.
    I suppose some people like spinning rods.

12. Member
    I've looked at several including Harley Davidson's Series 1. I just cannot spring for thousands on a quality cycle. My son is HUGE into biking and told me to get a Series 73 or Pedigo. All of them I have mentioned are $4,000.00+ each.

As for exercise you'll get that just loading and unloading one of these 70 pound cycles LOL.

13. Member
    Isn’t some exercise better than no exercise? I’ve thought about looking into one.
    Red Sox in 6!

14. Member
    My wife and I bought a couple of the Pedego Ridge Riders. They are very high quality bikes. They are designed for use on the streets and dirt trails. We take them on RV trips and they are a blast. They are also very reasonably priced.

15. Member
    Get one it will get you out of the house. Neighbors have one they have pretty good speed on it with little effort. Bright cloths, flashing light front and back, watch for cars they won’t be looking for you.

16. Member
    Nope here’s one that averaged about 100 mile per week. Clubs rides average 16.5 to 18.5 mph depending one who shows. My heart rate averages the 120 mark and will get up to 150ish on climbs or when the group starts hammering. Fun bike keeps me riding with my wife (she’s a hammer) and friends.
    IMG_3870.jpeg

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrog Phil View Post
    Isn’t some exercise better than no exercise? I’ve thought about looking into one.
    We are getting closer and closer to this reality, Wall-E

wall-e.jpg

18. Member
    I think weight will be a factor depending on how you will haul it. I tried to pick one up at BPS the other day and was amazed at just how heavy the darn thing was. I have seen people using bike carriers on the back of their vehicle that have ramps to allow the bike to be pushed or motored up the ramp on to the carrier.

19. Member
    I thought the whole point of a bike was to get from one point to another in a quicker and easier fashion than walking/running with the added positive of exercise and not consuming any gas.

20. Member
    Check out Excel Power Bikes. Camo with big tires.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast