Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Trailer Brake lock out - by UFP Dexter

We posted a link in one of Mark's post about the UFP Dexter Lockout cap. It's a really neat part and that is an item we stock in our parts store also. It's not magnetic and is a part of the system when you use this part.

https://basscatstore.com/dexterufpdi...ockoutcap.aspx

2. Member
    My stratos had this new. Basscat had a plastic plug but I bought this from bcb and installed. Best price out there also!! Eay and great to have
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

3. Member
    I had never seen these until now. I have been using the tab for maneuvering around the compound. Just ordered it from you. In reading the reviews on various sites, it seems like these get stolen at the ramp a lot.
    2021 Gator Trax 21' Strike Series
    Mercury 250 ProXS #3B134663

4. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluzharp View Post
    In reading the reviews on various sites, it seems like these get stolen at the ramp a lot.
    I would think one would use it "as needed" and keep in the truck or boat when not in use....sounds like i'm lucky as i never had to use one of these at any given time.....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

Both these and the plain black caps get stolen a lot. Actually most are not twisted in place and get lost after checking the brake fluid. They must be twist locked in place after checking fluid.

I had never seen these until now. I have been using the tab for maneuvering around the compound. Just ordered it from you. In reading the reviews on various sites, it seems like these get stolen at the ramp a lot.

That lockout cap may be one of the most useful things on my boat. Definitely my favorite added accessory on the trailer. I have to back up a slight incline to garage my boat and this makes so much quicker than before I got it.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    Both these and the plain black caps get stolen a lot. Actually most are not twisted in place and get lost after checking the brake fluid. They must be twist locked in place after checking fluid.

8. Member
    I think I figured out I lost one of them myself. When you step on the trailer tongue to get to winch to load I realized I was stepping on it and twisting it under my foot. Realized it was loose as I was walking away. Lost a couple.. The other after I realized I was doing this, so I think it was stolen.

9. Member
    BassCat, do you know if this fits the Phoenix trailer? I lost my black plastic cover. Thanks

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MengRanger View Post
    BassCat, do you know if this fits the Phoenix trailer? I lost my black plastic cover. Thanks
    Yes, almost positive unless something has changed. It is a UFP whole brake and hitch assy that is used on most trailers.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

11. Member
    I have had one stolen. I bought another one that I have had for about 6 months. First thing I look at on my trailer everytime I get back to the ramp.

12. Member
    Update: I only used this when maneuvering the boat around my property with the tractor because the electric lockout system works fine when hooked to the truck. Anyhow, I have found the little shoehorn tab thing works better for me because the automatic lockout releases itself if I have to pull forward and then backup again. Also, if I run through a small dip in my gravel driveway, it will release itself. It kind of turned out to be more of a hassle than the little tab with the magnet.
    2021 Gator Trax 21' Strike Series
    Mercury 250 ProXS #3B134663

Update: I only used this when maneuvering the boat around my property with the tractor because the electric lockout system works fine when hooked to the truck. Anyhow, I have found the little shoehorn tab thing works better for me because the automatic lockout releases itself if I have to pull forward and then backup again. Also, if I run through a small dip in my gravel driveway, it will release itself. It kind of turned out to be more of a hassle than the little tab with the magnet.
    I was going to say, I thought the trailer connections took care of this - ie when you put transmission in reverse, it triggers the lockout. Maybe it's only certaing types of connections (ie, 5/7 way)? I also have the tab with magnet thing but really never use it. I have to back up an incline when parking at home but it's not needed since the truck triggers the locking when in reverse.

14. Member
    the orange magnetic lockout is the best invention in years !

15. Scraps
    On my RangerTrail I always had issues with mine "popping" loose. Not that I used it that much.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by krindgen View Post
    On my RangerTrail I always had issues with mine "popping" loose. Not that I used it that much.
    Ranger replaced mine under warranty

17. Member
    Can someone explain how this item works?

You twist it to back up and it disengages the coupler from sliding, which activates the master cylinder and feeds the brake fluid to the wheel disc pucks.

You must unset the cap, by twisting it again, to allow the brakes to operate.

BCB

Quote Originally Posted by Champ 2001 View Post
    Can someone explain how this item works?

19. Member
    You twist it to back up and it disengages the coupler from sliding, which activates the master cylinder and feeds the brake fluid to the wheel disc pucks.

You must unset the cap, by twisting it again, to allow the brakes to operate.

BCB
    Thank you! So if someone steals your cap, your screwed. I would assume if you didn't have a spare cap, your master cylinder would be useless?

Quote Originally Posted by Champ 2001 View Post
    Thank you! So if someone steals your cap, your screwed. I would assume if you didn't have a spare cap, your master cylinder would be useless?
    Do not believe that is the case, just may get dust in it. Unless they are able to pop it off while in lock out position. A spare black plastic cap, and the "orange" lockout key are a good deal to have. I discovered my cap on "new" to me Sabre, was gone while trailering home from the dealer down south. I had a spare in my vehicle...
    2023 BassCat Sabre FTD
    2023 175 Pro XS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast