Black box disconnect

What are you guys using ? The Perko with 275 amps and 3/8 studs seems obsessive.
    2021 rt188p , Mercury 115 Pro XS CT , Croxton Razor 4XLR 22 , Z lock 4” jack plate , 8’ power pole blades

Only draws 1a so any cheap toggle will do

3. Member
    Mine is hooked to a dedicated battery with a blue seas circuit breaker that I use as a main switch for all my electronics....
    2005 Triton TR-186
    2024 Mercury Pro XS 150

4. Member
    Toggle switch

5. Member
    I put a toggle up frt.little rubber boot over it

6. Member
    Dedicated battery here. Battery is connected to back box via a solenoid which is powered by the starter battery and controlled by a switch on the console. Sounds complicated but it really isn’t.
    2013 Stratos 189vlo
    2013 150hp Mercury Optimax Pro XS 1B964117

10amp breaker
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

The box draw so little that it barely registers in Ma on a meter. I run no switch and it would take a year to put a dent in my batteries charge (which the charger is always on maintainance mode anyway).

9. Member
    Likely overkill for people who fish regularly and I generally fish 4-5 days per week. Even so, I really like knowing, when I walk away from the boat, that everything is OFF. All my "accessories" are wired through two Blue Seas fuse boxes that are powered through lighted switches on the console panel. When I go fishing, everything is set to come on when I flip those switches. At the end of the trip, last thing is to flip them off. Necessary? Probably not, but it's a good system. Also, I am regularly changing thing around and experimenting so I like knowing that none of the wires I'm messing with have power on them while I'm doing that.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    Likely overkill for people who fish regularly and I generally fish 4-5 days per week. Even so, I really like knowing, when I walk away from the boat, that everything is OFF. All my "accessories" are wired through two Blue Seas fuse boxes that are powered through lighted switches on the console panel. When I go fishing, everything is set to come on when I flip those switches. At the end of the trip, last thing is to flip them off. Necessary? Probably not, but it's a good system. Also, I am regularly changing thing around and experimenting so I like knowing that none of the wires I'm messing with have power on them while I'm doing that.
    Good to see I’m not the only one
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

11. Member
    My new-to-me Z521L came with an AT2 and all electronics wired to the starter battery. I just had my dealer install a lithium house batter and offload those loads, and the battery is wired with a toggle in the battery compartment to turn the feed off and on.

In addition, they wired the AT2 black box to the accessory switch so that I can toggle it independently, and shut it off if I’m not using it.