Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Pro fishing, largely, stopped being about fishing once the it got the thing everyone wanted, which was first TV coverage and later social media coverage. This is what actually made the change most posts here have identified. Once a guy becomes a marketing tool, not a fisherman, he has to be a better marketer than a fisherman.

Basscat Eyra
    Mercury 250 ProXS

2. Member
    8 pages on a kid whining. Waiting for the day someone gets 8 pages for accomplishing something.
    BassCat Cougar FTD / Mercury 250 ProXS
    Lowrance / Garmin

3. Member
    I could work with Snickers, Doritos and Chick-fil-A
    Hang on. I'll help you in 77 minutes.

4. Member
    New video posted I honestly think it’s a good message to pass along.

5. Member
    2015 Bullet 21XRS, 2021 250 Pro XS 4s - 3B014359

6. Member
    This thread won’t be up much longer. Two of his sponsors fired him today and one is a bbc sponsor and did it by text. No balls I hope the kid comes back from this and has a great career.
    I,d rather be tried by 12 than be carried by 6

7. Member
    His vibe is just so negative, who would want to sponsor him now?
    Last edited by paul40269; 11-10-2023 at 09:44 PM.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paul40269 View Post
    His vibe is just so negative, who would want to be sponsor him now?
    I think it’s more honest than negative. Probably not many would sponsor him but I sorta thought that about Seth years ago when he first started YouTube with josh

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoneFishingLTN View Post
    I think it’s more honest than negative. Probably not many would sponsor him but I sorta thought that about Seth years ago when he first started YouTube with josh
    Matt Robertson to they crucified the hell out of him on here for a year but his brand has taking off big time. I hope the kid does well
    I,d rather be tried by 12 than be carried by 6

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TE 863 View Post
    This thread won’t be up much longer. Two of his sponsors fired him today and one is a bbc sponsor and did it by text. No balls I hope the kid comes back from this and has a great career.
    I really don’t think that pros choice is going to catch any heat for dropping him. Being honest, if I was a sponsor there is zero chance I’d put any money into him and expect any kind of return.

His idea of being completely transparent with his expenses and income and posting them after each event is interesting. Very curious if he’ll actually go through with it.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

11. Member
    Well since he is saying he is going to be so transparent about everything I would like to know how he is making money to pay his bills? Are his parents supporting him still, did he receive a large inheritance, or what. Something isn't adding up if he is complaining about not making any money and that is all he is doing?

Also guy is turning into a Castledine in taking too much time to get his points across and repeating the exact same things multiple times.
    Last edited by Dixie-Raven; 11-10-2023 at 09:50 PM.

12. Member

Nope, what was considered negative honest about it? It’s 100% his Debbie Downer Droopie Dog “woe is me” attitude. Nobody wants to watch the whiners, people want to watch winners and positive attitudes, we get enough negativity in every day life. Kid wants to act like a little whiny bitch, then he gets treated like one. I don’t know where the “I’m a professional angler, so I deserve free stuff” comes from, maybe the high schools teach that stuff; but it’s not how the world works. You either stand out or you fall in with the sheep and get lost. Kid better go back to school and take some advertising and promotional classes, because he won’t survive another year on zero sponsorship money.

Who here has tuned into Bassmaster to watch this kid? Like maybe 2 people out every 100,000. He’s a nobody and nobody’s better do something to make themselves a somebody if the want to thrive.

13. Member
    This ole boy is playing you all like a fiddle.

Views, views, and more views. If he goes through with his YouTube series showing all of the expenses and bank account balances he will get thousands of views and exponentially boost his marketability.

I say well played

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yadkincustomlures View Post

Views, views, and more views. If he goes through with his YouTube series showing all of the expenses and bank account balances he will get thousands of views and exponentially boost his marketability.

I say well played
    Yep I'm getting the feeling he is trolling after seeing that second video. Didn't know anything about him until the first video and now the current one. That's about all I need to know I think.
    Last edited by Dixie-Raven; 11-10-2023 at 10:03 PM.

15. Member
    His idea to show the ledger after every tournament is a great marketing idea that will differentiate him from the others. If he does it right, he’ll gain a following.

16. Member
    I believe he's genuinely honest about showcasing his fishing skills, proving it's not just about the act of fishing. He likely aimed to win, gain recognition, and represent companies after proving himself. It's intriguing that, even after surpassing seasoned pros and securing a top 9 spot in the opens, one still needs to do more to attract sponsors talks.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yadkincustomlures View Post

I say well played

Riiggggghhhttttttt, sure he is. Complete with stuttering and incomplete sentences, he thought it all out. “How can I lose what sponsors I have”…..hmmmm, I’ll cry a river and someone on BBC will post my video”.

If it wasn’t for Dartag posting the link, he’d have had 10 views and those would have been his family members.

18. Member
    I believe he's genuinely honest about showcasing his fishing skills, proving it's not just about the act of fishing. He likely aimed to win, gain recognition, and represent companies after proving himself. It's intriguing that, even after surpassing seasoned pros and securing a top 9 spot in the opens, one still needs to do more to attract sponsors talks.
    Ding ding ding. Jacob is a good dude. He made it to the highest level of the game on his fishing skills alone. He comes from a Regular blue collar family. No trust funds. No mommy and daddy paying his way. He worked a full time job right after college and while fishing the opens. Can’t blame him for feeling the way he does about things. He’s good enough to make it through the opens, good enough to stay above the cut line in the points but because he’s the quiet type with a shy personality he doesn’t get any help to stay there financially. I’d bet if any guy on here spent a day fishing with him you would come away with a different opinion of what kind of man he is. He’s showing a side of the industry that for whatever reason so many people young and old just don’t believe exists.

19. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    I started a new thread about the video he dropped Friday night 11/10. It didn't take long for his boat/marine sponsor to drop him. His rod and reel sponsor hasn't dropped him yet but he says its probably going to happen. Here's the new thread I started...https://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1242788

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    The guy throws out a video like that without having any consideration at all for how his sponsors would react to it.

Then starts patting himself on the back for having the Gonads to say what he did. Guess when you screw up like that one starts blaming his Sponsors for terminating their support in the form of an email. His followup with an insult because they didn’t do it in person or a phone call.

What did he expect might happen probably needs to start using his Brain instead as his Testicles are costing him money.
    Last edited by Hoot; 11-10-2023 at 10:55 PM.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast