WTB shipping labels for rod tubes

Hi all, With the cost of shipping so high I’m hesitant to put rods I need to let go on the site. So I make a bold ask, any companies out there want to sell a few shipping labels so I can print and stick on rod tubes without the hassle of having to play the game down at the shipping company. They usually don’t know what they’re doing when a rod tube comes in. Just a thought and ideas welcomed as well.

wes

2. Member
    Use pirate ship

3. Banned
    Pirateship x 2.

their pricing is as good as it gets for a retail customer. They have good customer service as well and can help walk you through the entering the dimensions correctly.

4. Member
    Awesome info. Thanks.

5. Member
    Pirate Ship x 3!!!

6. Member
    Help me through this. What type of package did you check? Length is pretty easy but did you do width and height? I thought tubes were usually measured in circumference so maybe I checked wrong package type? Thanks. Wes

7. Member
    So it'll be length and then width and height which if you're using a round tube would be the diameter normally. Used to they would do a package based on circumference, but I haven't seen that in a long time, not sure about pirateship though. If you ship through UPS, you'll have to calculate dimensional weight for the tube, so it would be length x width x height divided by 166 to find the billable weight for shipping. If you don't do this, they will backbill you. So let's say I have a tube that is 80 inches long and is 5 inches x 5 inches width and height. Dimensional weight would be 12.05 lbs which you have to round up to 13 pounds. So even if the tube actually only weighs 7 pounds, you have to put 13 pounds in for UPS in the weight category. FedEx has their own calculation for it.

8. Banned
    Double check with pirateship.

But, if i remember right, length of tube x width x height THEN you must check the box that says "IRREGULAR" package.

This was their directions for shipping tubes.