10 year Rip Van Winkle

What's a good price for this stuff per bottle... Nothing too old this would be a newer bottle...
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

2. Member
    I think that stuff is like $70-80 a bottle but is never in stock. Alabama beverage control publishes a price list.
    "the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..."

3. Member
    I just checked and could not find this one on the list although I have seen it in the past. They have pappy 10 year listed but not old rip.
    "the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..."

10 year msrp is $69.99. You will never find it for that. I’ve seen it priced anywhere from $899 to $1199. No way I would pay that much for any bourbon much less that bottle. I would think $300-$350 would be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    I just checked and could not find this one on the list although I have seen it in the past. They have pappy 10 year listed but not old rip.
    No such thing as Pappy 10. Pappy comes 15,20 and 23 year old. The 10 and 12 are Old Rip Van winkle and Van Winkle. The Van winkle rye is a 13 year.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RipNLips View Post
    No such thing as Pappy 10. Pappy comes 15,20 and 23 year old. The 10 and 12 are Old Rip Van winkle and Van Winkle. The Van winkle rye is a 13 year.
    You may be correct but this is how they have them listed. If you are correct that means the answer to the OPs question is below.
    Capture.JPG

Got a bottle located for $800...last I've seen was anywhere from 800-1200 for the 10 year Van Winkle...the 23 year pappy's can be had for more than I paid for my last pickup now...
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

8. Member
    If you can get one for under $600 on the secondary market you are doing well. Honestly, if it is a gift try and get some Weller (any flavor) which is usually easier to find and far better. I had a bottle of 10 & 12 Van Winkle and turned down 2k for the 2 bottles and regretted it once I sat down to drink them. They were ok, but not even close to the hype and I have had Pappy of all ages so it wan't my first rodeo with Pappy
    5 Short of a limit

9. Member
    I can buy a 12 for $500 in trade value. Can get a Weller 12 for $150. Pretty much the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by OH_Ranger View Post
    I can buy a 12 for $500 in trade value. Can get a Weller 12 for $150. Pretty much the same thing.

Same mash build, not same aging, but Weller is very good. Used to be a $30 Bottle.

It’s all over priced now, like boats.

Markers Mark cask strength for $45 is tough to beat.
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill2e View Post
    Same mash build, not same aging, but Weller is very good. Used to be a $30 Bottle.

It’s all over priced now, like boats.

AFTER 4 drinks JIM BEAN is just as good !!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill2e View Post

Yep. Don’t sleep on Knob Creek 12. It’s a damn fine pour. Sippin on some as I type this.

I wouldn’t pay over $100 for it.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RipNLips View Post
    Yep. Don’t sleep on Knob Creek 12. It’s a damn fine pour. Sippin on some as I type this.
    Agreed!
    1995 Ranger 482VS
    Evinrude Intruder 150

15. Member
    I just saw a bottle this morning at Liquor Expo off Hwy5 south of Yreka Ca. 10yr VW was 1,000 bucks. 15yr VW was 2,500. George T Stagg 1,800. Bought two bottles of Blantons for $79 each which is the lowest price I’ve seen out here in 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by kacordy View Post
    I just saw a bottle this morning at Liquor Expo off Hwy5 south of Yreka Ca. 10yr VW was 1,000 bucks. 15yr VW was 2,500. George T Stagg 1,800. Bought two bottles of Blantons for $79 each which is the lowest price I’ve seen out here in 10 years.
    I’ve never paid over $79 for Blanton’s. Not worth it IMO at more than that. GTS msrp is $99 but you will never pay that unless you win a raffle. GTS is a great bottle IMO and to me $300 is a fair price. I’ve bought several bottles at that price.

There are a lot of states that are not allowed to sell above msrp but you don’t see good stuff on the self very often.

The last Time I bought some it was 600
    On the Net it's 800-1000
    I also bought 12 year at 650

All in All
    It's good Bourbon, But not even close to 600 a bottle
    I'd buy the EH Talyor, Small batch goes for up to 139, Single barrel is up to 279
    But both can be found for less