Thread: Ranger RT 208p

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rschweissguth View Post
    My last boat was an avalanche. Was a very underrated tin boat. 18' w/ a 96" beam would run low 60s with a 150. If I remember you could only see maybe 3-4 welds and was often mistaken as a glass boat. Never had any issues and thought it was a great boat for the price. Tracker also make the tundra during the same time as these. The new ranger appears to use this same technology.

Attachment 541315

I would have 100% thought that was a glass boat. Cool looking rig

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    Honestly cheaper than I thought ranger would price it at. That said, I would never get a large aluminum boat, with the exception of something like a lund pro v that is better in rough water. In a traditional bass boat shape I think fiberglass is just better and they are the same price if not cheaper with a 250 on them.
    same I do not see the advantage of a big pad hull tin. they are not really any cheaper, they don't really draft any shallower, they blow around in wind worse, ride rougher and are slower. I would also argue they are not much tougher than a well built glass boat.

If I am going tin I am going modv which will allow it to draft in really skinny water.
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

Quote Originally Posted by Highcentered View Post
    Yeah, after having Seadeck CARPET SUCKS!!!
    I love seadeck too...until you get a little bit of morning frost going or are fishing in freezing rain/snow. Then it turns into an ice rink. which up here in WI there are many days as described. heck we sometimes get morning frosts in summer.
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

4. Member
    Hey TFF

I have the new Ranger 208 ALPHA and just dropped a walk around video in my YOUTUBE channel. I am running it in all 9 BASS Open EQ’s this year.

5. Member
    Team Marine just posted a Youtube review of it.............

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345