Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pet Prescriptions through Walgreens?

Was in the other lane waiting for the intercom for a pickup and had the window down to hear the guy in the lane with the window spend 10min + trying to pick up a prescription for his CAT. I had to wait because there was only the one pharmacist, and after that 10min thank God another pharmacist was able to take care of me. Walgreens was asking him the what the cats birthday was, and because he didn't have the exact date they couldn't give it to him. The prescription was for "Tabby", came from a vet's office, so it was obvious it was for his cat but until he could tell him the day/year that cat was born they would not issue it to him.

He was still there when I left taking up that lane for f'in cat medicine, was trying to call his wife to find out the cat's birthday, and there were 3 cars waiting in line behind him when I pulled out.

Just make something up for God’s sake! What are they going to do? Ask for a birth certificate?

I’d give them mine. See if they would catch on to a 64 YO cat.
    Last edited by fr8dog; 10-30-2023 at 07:18 PM.

3. Member
    I get cat medicine for a cat at Walgreens. They never asked for the cats birthday.

4. Member
    LOL you cannot make that shit up.
    "the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..."

5. Member
    Same thing happened to me,ONCe! Told them it’s for a Cat and she doesn’t know her birthday or even her address so the pharmacist said what’s the cats name and I said her name is Tallahassee so now we get prescriptions for “TallahasseeCat “ and no problems. This was at local Walgreens.
    Red Sox in 6!

6. Member
    Go to Costco, no hassles with pet meds.

7. Member
    Probably the first time the tech had to do it and didn't know what to put down.

8. Member
    Cat and dog owners. Nuff said.
    Hang on. I'll help you in 77 minutes.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFishSteve View Post
    What is wrong with pet owners?

10. Member
    Originally Posted by BigFishSteve

Absolutely nothing they will take care of their pets!!

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 5keepers2 View Post
    Originally Posted by BigFishSteve

Absolutely nothing they will take care of their pets!!
    Thank you...I agree

Quote Originally Posted by angleiron View Post
    Walgreens was asking him the what the cats birthday was, and because he didn't have the exact date they couldn't give it to him. The prescription was for "Tabby", came from a vet's office, so it was obvious it was for his cat but until he could tell him the day/year that cat was born they would not issue it to him.

He was still there when I left taking up that lane for f'in cat medicine, was trying to call his wife to find out the cat's birthday, and there were 3 cars waiting in line behind him when I pulled out.
    Legally, the Date of Birth should be for the primary OWNER, not the cats birthday lol. That way it is verifiable by the owners drivers license and uploaded into the controlled substance PDMP (Prescription Drug Monitoring Program.) You would be surprised by the number of drug addicts that seek controlled substances for their injured animal, going to multiple vets/pharmacies and using a different animal name for each office.
    Azure AZ200 (with stuff like cupholders, bathroom and table)

We get our dogs medicine at Costco. They just ask his name and then you can put a person's name associated with the pet. It's easy. Elliot has seizures. He's our 5 yr old Llasa apso.
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

Check out Tractor Supply for generic heartworms pills for 1/3 of name brand with a prescription

15. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    A few years ago my vet was out of seizure medicine for my dog. They sent me to my local pharmacy with a written prescription. For the name it says Dog then my last name. The pharmacist ask me my birthdate and address. I ask why. They said the prescription will be in the system as my address and my birthdate but the name will be Dog and my last name. They said that way they have a record. After they explained it I thought it made sense.

16. Bullet/Reels4Sale/Rods4Sale Moderator jayfaro's Avatar
    I have to pickup seizure medication for my dog monthly at cvs. Apparently it’s the same meds a person takes. I have to go in and say pickings meds for Bravo Faro LOL I feel like an idiot every time LOL
    Jay Faro
    Bullet 21xdc/300xs

Didn't even know you could get pet meds at Walgreens. It's always just been filled by our vet.

We get ours through Walmart. They contact the vet's office for confirmation. Pretty invisible to me after the first time. It's set to auto-ship. If the prescription expires I get an email stating they are waiting for confirmation from the vet for renewal. Been going on for a few years now. No issues.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Bsktball55 View Post
    Didn't even know you could get pet meds at Walgreens. It's always just been filled by our vet.
    Same here, learned something new on BBC once again.

I used to get meds for my little Scottie that died a few years ago at our regular CVS. They just listed his name and my last name and I took a guess at his birthday. The prescription was over $80 a month without insurance so one day the pharmacist gave me a Rx discount card and told to shop around and find the meds cheaper somewhere else. I appreciated the advice and found the same Rx at a small independent pharmacy right around the corner from me for around $55...a little better.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast