Adding tow mirrors to Tundra?

My biggest complaint with my Tundra (so far) are the mirrors. Towing the boat they are adequate but with a box trailer they are almost useless. I have done some research and seems that the Boost Auto are the best ones for the money. I have found some cheaper options but lots of complaints about vibration at highway speed which I don't want. Have any of you added them or have any feedback? Not interested in the strap on style. I pull enough things to warrant making the permanent change.

https://boostautoparts.com/products/...31996463186055

2. BBC SPONSOR
    I put the Boost ones on my Chevy with the High intensity back up lights and LOVE them.

3. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by limit5bass View Post
    I put the Boost ones on my Chevy with the High intensity back up lights and LOVE them.
    Sweet. Do the high output lights blind you in the cab when they come on? Seems like they would potentially cause some issues with reflecting off the glass or anything around.

4. Member
    When I’ve purchased my last two Tundras I had the dealerships add the Toyota mirrors to the trucks. The factory towing mirrors are great.

Perhaps you can find some on eBay, etc.?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by flippingmagician View Post
    When I’ve purchased my last two Tundras I had the dealerships add the Toyota mirrors to the trucks. The factory towing mirrors are great.

Perhaps you can find some on eBay, etc.?
    They like them at Toyota! Expensive! But my son is thinking about spending the doe on them anyway!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rboren View Post
    They like them at Toyota! Expensive! But my son is thinking about spending the doe on them anyway!
    I bought the factory extendable tow mirrors on Amazon. Pretty inexpensive. I think I paid around $300-$400 for the pair. They are about a 10 minute job installing them. They are plug and play for the heater, controls, and turn signals. I want to say it was 3 10mm nuts to make the swap per side

My first Tundra had the towing mirrors, great when towing but otherwise not so much. For my second Tundra, I got regular mirrors and purchased a set of slip on towing mirrors. That was in 2010. I'm on my third Tundra and still use those same ones.

Tom

8. Member
    I bought the Toyota ones after I cracked one of my originals. they work great except the bottom mirror is manually adjusted

9. Moderator
    Well I ordered the boost auto ones. They were having a 13% off sale for Friday 13th. Will see how much better they are (or not) in about 2 weeks.

10. Member
    The boost are supposed to be top notch and what I wish I'd got. I settled for some cheaper ones a few years back. They definitely do shake at hwy speeds but not awful.
    The only thing that really bothers me is the passenger side mirror isn't the "objects in mirror are closer than they appear" type. It's just a regular mirror. Its fine for the trailer, but for regular driving I end up using the blind spot mirror because it can see more.
    Luckily they're easy swap back to factory.

11. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Wackyjig View Post
    The boost are supposed to be top notch and what I wish I'd got. I settled for some cheaper ones a few years back. They definitely do shake at hwy speeds but not awful.
    The only thing that really bothers me is the passenger side mirror isn't the "objects in mirror are closer than they appear" type. It's just a regular mirror. Its fine for the trailer, but for regular driving I end up using the blind spot mirror because it can see more.
    Luckily they're easy swap back to factory.
    Thats one of the things that has been throwing me off honestly. I a really good trailer backer but ever since I got this truck I have struggled at times. I narrowed it down to the passenger mirror. I was always over correcting on that side. Hoping the new mirrors help with this as well as having the larger viewing area.

12. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadrashPaul View Post
    Sweet. Do the high output lights blind you in the cab when they come on? Seems like they would potentially cause some issues with reflecting off the glass or anything around.
    No they are angled so they hit at the cab and bed.

13. Moderator
    Got them installed tonight. No towing yet but they look and fit like the factory ones. Will see how I like them towing this weekend.

IMG_8745.jpeg

IMG_8743.jpeg

IMG_8744.jpeg