Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

How big is your bass club?

Curious what the average size of bass clubs are... How's many members do you have and glued many boats in a typical club tourny?

Bonus question:. Does your club do any wildcats or just a monthly tourny (or weekly...)?
    2023 Skeeter FXR20
    Lake Guntersville

2. Member
    I am in 5 here in SC 1 on every saturday clubs are 1st sat 2nd 3rd and 4th sat of the months. Mostly all the same guys with a few in this one and not in that one, and I avoid the massive crowd ones. Most are 20-30 I do fish 1 that is 60 boats and one is a Thurs club and its awesome with 20-25 boats. The whole lake to ourselves most of the time. With all the boats on our lakes from BFls/benefits and HS I couldnt image jumping in the 150+ man tourneys too much BS for me.

3. Member
    My club has 16 members all but 4 guys own boats. We do 8 draw tournaments a year, 2 May, 2 June, 1 July, 1 August, 2 September. We are all older except for a few guys. Most of our members came from a club that was really screwed up they were large with 40 plus members. We have limited our membership to 26 members. We average 7 boats per tournament with allowing guests to fish when we are short of non boaters. There is no entry fees to fish and two pots big bass and big stringer of 5.00 each. Yes we are cheap and want to keep it as fun as possible. The other club was charging 20 each for big bass and big stringer.
    John the Garage Doorman

around 170 I think with probably 90%+ retired we fish 5 tournaments a year and have between 20-30 boats per but its not a standard best 5 tournament and its a teaching/mentoring club so its a bit different than many are used to

5. Member
    Somewhere between 30-40 members. We do 8 events per season, partner draw format, Lakes are voted on each year and change up quite a bit from year to year, keeps things interesting.

6. Moderator
    12 members. At one point we were 40 members and had a waiting list. Not as many people fishing like they were in the 90's and early 2000's.

7. Member
    One of the clubs I fished with has about 22 people and 12 boats. They’d usually have all 12 boats fish as it was more of a retired guys club and wasn’t too serious by any means, which made it a lot of fun.

The other club I fished had about 16 people with 12 boats. We would be lucky if more than 5 boats would show, the others just cherry picked. It was pro-am format and others took it pretty seriously to the point it ruined my taste for club fishing
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

8. Member
    24 members in current club 17 boats.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    About 24 members
    12 tournaments per year, two of which are weekend travel events
    2-3 “wildcat” events per season. These are usually in late July/August where we have few events due to the heat and boat traffic. We will have a 5 hour derby on a Sunday morning.
    Only one meeting per year

10. Member
    We have about 20 members. All boaters and fish as individuals. One meeting in January to set the schedule. Fish every 3rd Saturday February -December. Two road trips, one spring one fall. We have about 12-15 boats at tournaments and pay 1st-3rd and big fish. $30 entry fee. We pay a $30 membership fee and at the end of the year pay 1/3 for points champ, 1/3 for big bag and 1/3 for big fish.

Fluctuates between 10-15 boats - 20-30 members.
    2024 Phoenix 21 XE - Mercury 250 PRO XS Serial #3B429919
    2017 Phoenix PHX 21 - Yamaha 250 SHO
    2010 Skeeter 20i - Yamaha 250 SHO
    1988 Procraft 1780 Competitor - Mercury 100

12. Member
    We have 30 teams. So 60 members.
    2019 Skeeter ZX250

Check out my YouTube!! Thanks! https://www.youtube.com/user/WIHunter100/videos

13. Member
    43 members. 10-15 boats each tourney on 50 Thursdays a year, weather permitting. Each boat has a Co-Angler that are rotated throughout the year. Co-angler pays entry fee of Boater. Boater v Boater, Co vs Co. for each regular tournament. Two formats used generally--top 5 and All fish caught, minimum 10 inches. All fish measured and released as we are on a slot lake. TPWD inches to pounds table used to convert to total weights. Several different tournaments a year with added cash-Memorials, Team and Big Bass to shake it up a little with some added cash to the pot.

14. Member
    We had 16 boaters and 18 non boaters sign up this year. We get a lot of non boaters from guys that are looking to put someone in their passenger seat to stay out of the draw. Our average boats per tournament was 10 boats with a core group that showed up to almost every tournament making up most of that 10 boat average. We fish normally 1 tournament a month April through September and do 2 tournaments in October. This year we had to work around a lot more tournaments that were approved by the DNR so we ended up squeezing 2 in August, 1 in September, and 1 in October with the rest being standard.

We have also seen a shift since I have taken over where our member group has become a younger crowd. We voted in some rules that a couple of older guys didn't like (our state started allowing 5 fish limits over 3 fish limits and fishing on a busy lake during the summer to have a better bite), had a couple guys move away that kept some of their friends from attending, but our increased social media presence has brought in some back fill. Not 100%, but it's getting their. When I first joined I would say that we were averaging 12-14 boats per tournament.

15. Member
    We had 26 members this year. That is typical for our club. you can fish by yourself or with someone in the boat with you. But you compete individually. We start out with good participation and normally fall off at the end of the year. We have 12 tournaments through the year. If you fish 6 tournaments, you qualify for our classic which is held the following spring. Two-day classic. Half of our fees ($25) goes toward the classic. The other half is paid out to top three AOY. Tournament's cost $26 per tournament. $15 of that goes towards 1, 2, and 3rd. place. $5 goes to big largemouth and $5 goes towards big smallmouth. $1 goes in the dollar pot. Half the dollar pot goes to BB for the year. The other half is drawn for at the last tournament. We also have a fund raiser. Normally raffle off a yeti cooler. All the funds from this go to our classic. My father and some of his buddies started this club back in the 70's. I kind of inherited it several years ago as older members passed. Not sure of the exact date they started but we have been going over 50 years I'm certain.

16. Member
    We have about 25 members, from high school age to 60s. Usually 7-8 boats for our monthly tournaments. We do 6 draws and 6 buddy tourneys per year with 1-2 road trip 2-day tourneys. We hold monthly meetings at a local restaurant that are a lot of fun and get 15-20 members most months. The club also pays for an annual Christmas party which is a great time.

17. Member
    My bass club is 34 ounces.

18. Member
    My kayak club (KAMO) is right at 100 members and makes it a point to fish the entire state of MO. We can have 30-40 per event and we cover the 4 corners and center of MO. We have 8 tournaments including a Classic and are the second biggest club in the state. MoYak is much bigger but fishes southern MO lakes only. They can have about 80 people per event due to them being concentrated to an area and don't have far to travel.

Our club is currently capped at 50 people and we have a waiting list. We are a WI BASS Nation affiliated club and having a larger membership base allows us to send more teams to state.

20. Member
    We used to have 22 and a waiting list. Now we have 12 and like it that way. We are bass affiliated and have sent people to state, but now that you don’t need to belong to a club to go to state, not sure that there is much benefit to being affiliated to bass as a club. We used to belong to TBF/FLW. Not sure if TBF is still a thing. We fish 8 tournaments a year. You keep your best 6 and throw out your bottom 2.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast