Thread: Newton

Newton

Gonna head down next week 23-27 anybody doing any good ?

2. Member
    I haven’t been for a while now but I have heard it’s been tough. Club tournament Saturday only took 2 fish 8 lbs to win and they’re all locals that are pretty good sticks on the lake.

3. Member
    I'll bring plenty beer and books, thanks

4. Member
    Lol well you know how that lake is. One day you test tear them up and the next day you catch 1. I would think the deep football jig and deep cranking bite should get good on the cold side and dam area about anytime now. Late October and November is always my favorite time to fish there.

5. Member
    i will be at hot ramp I have a small blue and white motor home. tan tracker with e-tec. stop and say hi if you are down there. used to stay in lot at night but after 20 plus years they stopped that. when i take my sons or daughter or go with other guys i stay at lodge. i fish by myself a great deal it does not seem to be fair to the lodge owners for me to pay 68 bucks for a whole cabin. thus i have always used camper when by myself. i stay a Kuhls campground now , they are very friendly folks and have great campsites.

6. Member
    My Dad was there yesterday for about 6 hours. He said he caught 8 fish. Nothing over 17 inches.

A buddy and I went Tuesday, and we had about 18 with 1 keeper. The vast majority of fish were 15 inches. I'll be down there the 26th and 27th. I'll keep an eye out for you.
    The best way to cheer yourself up is to cheer up someone else.

8. Member
    Well had fun BUT. I caught about 16 a day two keepers in 4 1/2 days. Most fish in backs of covers because of bait BUT . I love to fish deep so spent more time there than I should have. I went with my friend for three hours using FFS not for me but I can see the advantage. I'm 73 years old and have slowed down considerably. I don't fish competition with others fisherman mine is with arthritis, bum shoulders. They usually win. Trees were beautiful weather was perfect except for high winds. Water very clear for the most part 68 to 80 degrees . Water level really down 3 to 4 1/2 feet. IDNR we're seining for crappie. I talked to them ,not a lot of young ones somewhat concerning to them. All in all good trip again and Illinois's finest lake.

9. Member
    I was there today. Caught about 30 and 4 keepers and lost another keeper at the boat. Biggest being about 5. Caught them deep
    and shallow but mainly shallow. May go back tomorrow.