Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Fall / Winter Fishing

Do you still get on the water by sunrise or do you wait until things have warmed up a bit, more towards the afternoon?

2. Member
    When duck season is going on I wait till around 10:00 am. Don't want to mess up their hunt.

I always try to get out at the crack of dawn, unless it is below freezing. Crazy as it seems, there is sometimes an early top water bite on Table Rock in the middle of the winter. What I like about winter fishing is that the fish will bite all day long.

4. Member
    Tell me the time. I'll bring the coffee.
    Proverbs 28:1

5. Member
    Around 9 o'clock for me

I have to drive straight through the middle of OKC, right past the capital and through downtown. If I don't leave the house by 6 or 6:30 I end up in morning rush hour bumper to bumper hell...by 7 it looks like the first lap at Talladega. That's okay but in the fall and early spring it gets me to my lake pretty early. If I wait until traffic dies down around 9:00 I can fish until nearly dark which in warmer weather my favorite time to fish...grab a burger at the best hamburger joint in Okla and get home after the evening rush hour.

I'm planning on going this coming Wednesday and the morning temp is going to be in the low 50's with a 10 to 15 mph wind. Should be a brisk morning run.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

7. Member
    I'm usually on the ice before sunrise in the winter as long as we have some

8. Member
    Just right before sunlight

9. Member
    When it gets close to 32 degrees it’s a no - go for me. This is because there is no way for me to keep my hands from hurting. Yes I can take hand warning devices and fish a little but it just isn’t worth it for me. But luckily we don’t have too many days that it doesn’t warm up enough for me to withstand it. So it depends on temperature as to when I get on the water.

10. Member
    January is about the only month I don’t go before sunrise

11. Member
    Start between 8/9
    2015 Ranger RT188
    2015 115 PRO XS

12. Member
    Around 7am
    Red Sox in 6!

13. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SoonerFan View Post
    I have to drive straight through the middle of OKC, right past the capital and through downtown. If I don't leave the house by 6 or 6:30 I end up in morning rush hour bumper to bumper hell...by 7 it looks like the first lap at Talladega. That's okay but in the fall and early spring it gets me to my lake pretty early. If I wait until traffic dies down around 9:00 I can fish until nearly dark which in warmer weather my favorite time to fish...grab a burger at the best hamburger joint in Okla and get home after the evening rush hour.

I'm planning on going this coming Wednesday and the morning temp is going to be in the low 50's with a 10 to 15 mph wind. Should be a brisk morning run.
    tell me about this burger joint........

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

If it’s real cold, between 10am-12

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

Quote Originally Posted by lakefolk View Post
    tell me about this burger joint........
    Burgerland in Davis down on the way to Lake Arbuckle. Old fashioned small town diner. The double cheeseburger is absolutely the best and the chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes with cream gravy and corn will make you miss mama. I like to stop there after a long day fishing have some dinner and huge glass of sweet tea and let the traffic in OKC die down. I've gone by there early in the morning and the parking lot is always full but never stopped for breakfast but I'll bet it's a goodun' .
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

16. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar
    In the fall I don't leave the house until the sun is coming up. Too many rutting bucks on our country farmland highways. Any other time of the year I'm on the water before sun up and usually don't get off until after dark. Don't fish the winter in NE

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JLWatts View Post
    Just right before sunlight
    I wish I lived to fish that much, but I don’t. Lol

18. Member
    Quillback, you sir are not wrong. I love fall/winter fishing on TRL.

19. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    Sunrise in the winter. Most of the time the best winter crappie bite is over by 10 AM.

20. Moderator
    Crazy but there is a heck of a bite at daylight a lot of times all winter. I fish a winter trail series tho

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast