Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

The best hull warranty! Time to find out!

I thought about this and have decided to let you all follow my journey with Phoenix. Backstory I have a 2008 2100 Beeline that has had a catastrophic hull failure per the insurance company. The hull has broken free from the stringers causing cracks and delamination. I have contacted Phoenix Aug 3 sent pictures and estimates to them. The average estimate is around $26000 to $27000 to repair. Phoenix has contacted me and said they will take care of me just have to come up with a plan. I have seen all the arguments who has the best warranty in the business and customer service. Figure this would be a good example on how they handled the problem for future buyers, personally I don't think the Phoenix hull will have the problems like the Beeline does. Will keep you all inform of the pros and cons.

2. Member
    Good luck with the process. I am leaning towards them treating you good.

4. Member
    My line of thinking is if they are even cooperative on a 15-16 year old boat that they did not develop, just basically bought the molds and equipment and built a few more until the bird molds were made...........that would be a huge W in my book. Great customer service minded people there for sure.
    2014 920/SHO

Sounds like great CS so far.

Update. Phoenix is coming to get my boat Wednesday morning and taking back to the plant to look at. Will see how it goes from here.

Quote Originally Posted by txbass1 View Post
    My line of thinking is if they are even cooperative on a 15-16 year old boat that they did not develop, just basically bought the molds and equipment and built a few more until the bird molds were made...........that would be a huge W in my book. Great customer service minded people there for sure.
    I agree with you. But they put the same lifetime hull warranty on those boats. This would be a huge endorsement for them on their customer service!

Just the fact they are coming to get it speaks volumes imho

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonrs View Post
    Just the fact they are coming to get it speaks volumes imho

Agree. I'm guessing once they validate the concern you will get a new hull or credit towards a new hull?

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BEE2100 View Post
    I thought about this and have decided to let you all follow my journey with Phoenix. Backstory I have a 2008 2100 Beeline that has had a catastrophic hull failure per the insurance company. The hull has broken free from the stringers causing cracks and delamination. I have contacted Phoenix Aug 3 sent pictures and estimates to them. The average estimate is around $26000 to $27000 to repair. Phoenix has contacted me and said they will take care of me just have to come up with a plan. I have seen all the arguments who has the best warranty in the business and customer service. Figure this would be a good example on how they handled the problem for future buyers, personally I don't think the Phoenix hull will have the problems like the Beeline does. Will keep you all inform of the pros and cons.

Are you the original owner or did you buy the boat used? The warranty I have for a '21 boat reads lifetime for the original owner, and 10 years for a transfer owner, after you pay $150 of course to transfer the warranty. I still wouldn't be surprised if they didn't offer a very reasonable fix/replacement. It will be interesting to see where this end up.
    21 Phoenix 819 Pro
    21 Mercury Pro XS 200 4 Stroke (3B003279)

Quote Originally Posted by Sefty77 View Post
    Are you the original owner or did you buy the boat used? The warranty I have for a '21 boat reads lifetime for the original owner, and 10 years for a transfer owner, after you pay $150 of course to transfer the warranty. I still wouldn't be surprised if they didn't offer a very reasonable fix/replacement. It will be interesting to see where this end up.
    I am the original owner. I want everyone to see what a lifetime hull replacement looks like from a company that offers it. What will they fix?? What will they do?? Is it BS?? Just something to sell boats?? Or do they stand behind there word? Any brand kind say Lifetime but will they stand behind there word?

13. Member
    A.J. Kelty Versailles KY
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite

14. Member
    I Say they will take care of you! I have been to the factory several times and remember going when they were building the Bees. Phoenix did make some improvements over the bumble bees. That being said where were you doing most of your fishing? Lake of the ozarks? I think in the future we will see more hull issues of vary degrees from all brands of boats as our lakes are just getting overcrowded with wake boats,huge cruisers, center consoles, etc. Many of these wave makers should be in salt water not fresh. Seen several runabouts and pontoons here locally that suffered hull damage trying to run on our overcrowded lakes during holiday weekends.
    "Luminous beings are we not this crude matter." Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by BEE2100 View Post
    I am the original owner. I want everyone to see what a lifetime hull replacement looks like from a company that offers it. What will they fix?? What will they do?? Is it BS?? Just something to sell boats?? Or do they stand behind there word? Any brand kind say Lifetime but will they stand behind there word?
    The only thing is that this isn't the company you bought your boat from. I don't have personal knowledge of what was acquired at the time, but generally if a company goes away then so does your warranty. Normally in commercial sales what is being bought and sold are the assets and inventory, not the debts and liabilities. I suspect that if Phoenix covers this, its not in any way shape or form because of an obligation to do so, merely a matter of PR and their commitment to customer service and always taking the high road in questionable matters like this. They really are an outstanding company in that regard.
    2024 Phoenix 21 XE - Mercury 250 PRO XS Serial #3B429919
    2017 Phoenix PHX 21 - Yamaha 250 SHO
    2010 Skeeter 20i - Yamaha 250 SHO
    1988 Procraft 1780 Competitor - Mercury 100

Quote Originally Posted by Meleagris1 View Post
    The only thing is that this isn't the company you bought your boat from. I don't have personal knowledge of what was acquired at the time, but generally if a company goes away then so does your warranty. Normally in commercial sales what is being bought and sold are the assets and inventory, not the debts and liabilities. I suspect that if Phoenix covers this, its not in any way shape or form because of an obligation to do so, merely a matter of PR and their commitment to customer service and always taking the high road in questionable matters like this. They really are an outstanding company in that regard.

his boat is a 2008. It was built and sold by Phoenix. They built some boats using the molds they acquired from beeline until they created the 721. The warranty he has was given to him by Phoenix boats. Keep in mind Phoenix was started in 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by champ223 View Post
    his boat is a 2008. It was built and sold by Phoenix. They built some boats using the molds they acquired from beeline until they created the 721. The warranty he has was given to him by Phoenix boats. Keep in mind Phoenix was started in 2007.
    OK it’s not clear in the post - if he bought it from Phoenix then it is a Phoenix and not a Beeline and should be covered.
    2024 Phoenix 21 XE - Mercury 250 PRO XS Serial #3B429919
    2017 Phoenix PHX 21 - Yamaha 250 SHO
    2010 Skeeter 20i - Yamaha 250 SHO
    1988 Procraft 1780 Competitor - Mercury 100

Quote Originally Posted by Meleagris1 View Post
    OK it’s not clear in the post - if he bought it from Phoenix then it is a Phoenix and not a Beeline and should be covered.
    My bad. I thought most people knew Phoenix built Beeline. But then again employs of Phoenix don't know their company history. Sorry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by champ223 View Post
    Thanks Champ!

20. Member
    Had the exact thing happen to my 09 Beeline in 2016. My options from phoenix was number 1 repair my hull #2 build me a new beeline hull and put all my fixtures into the new hull and # 3 was put me in a new equivalent Phoenix819 and me pay the difference in price for the value of my beeline 295. I opted for #3 because of the fear of selling my boat and all the locals knowing the troubles I had with it even if it was rebuilt 100%. Also I didn't want to wait for the build time. This problem was caused by hull blisters that water soaked through and basically rotted my stringers. If you own a phoenix you owe it to yourself to either raise it off the trailer and look where it sets on the bunks or take a dip and go under and feel. Don't be surprised if it feels like a bad case of poison oak.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast