Thread: Best prop

Best prop

What is the best prop for a CX21 with Pro XS?

2. Member
    I'm running a 24 fury now. I'm not happy with it at all. Looking for a 24 Tempest plus to try and get some bow lift and hopefully more top end.
    2020 Caymas CX21 Pro
    Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Serial# 2B686100
    Lowrance Ghost
    Lowrance HDS Lives

3. Member
    24 Tempest Plus after Mark Croxton works his magic. The Fury has no bow lift on my rig.

4. Member
    All depends on what you are looking for. I’ve tried several props on my boat. I like the 25.5” bravo fs the best. Good hole shot and mid range. I have speed limits on the lakes where I live so I haven’t pushed the upper limit. Most I’ve seen is 69mph.
    Randy Almeida
    2023 Caymas CX21
    Mercury Pro XS

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by randy_almeida View Post
    All depends on what you are looking for. I’ve tried several props on my boat. I like the 25.5” bravo fs the best. Good hole shot and mid range. I have speed limits on the lakes where I live so I haven’t pushed the upper limit. Most I’ve seen is 69mph.
    I agree with Randy that the 25.5P Bravo 1 FS is a great prop. I could only get 68 mph out of mine, but it handles great. I'm getting 71 mph out of my 24P Tempest with full tournament load and partner. Loaded solo, I'm seeing 73 mph.

6. Member
    Just like the Earl Bentz Tritons, the Caymas likes the tempest , I am running a 25 but I have a 300R on the back, I am sure I could run a 26 in the cooler months with no problem.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by happykamper View Post
    Just like the Earl Bentz Tritons, the Caymas likes the tempest , I am running a 25 but I have a 300R on the back, I am sure I could run a 26 in the cooler months with no problem.
    Roger have you ever gotten your boat out on a big lake to get some firm numbers since you broke it in????

I love Croxton's 23 Razor XL. Great holeshot and 68-69 loaded heavy. Easy to drive. Much less expensive than the Bravo too!

9. Member
    Thanks, left Skeeter and new Caymas is coming soon

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaymasRodney View Post
    Roger have you ever gotten your boat out on a big lake to get some firm numbers since you broke it in????
    I have but not a whole lot of testing, only tried a 25 and 26 Fury and a 25 Tempest, 82 GPS with just me and a half tank of fuel, fairly sure someone could get 83 plus under the right conditions and maybe a 26 Tempest. My boat is plenty fast as is, 75 all day long with a full tourney load, plenty good for me. I will say this, when it gets really hot out the hole shot suffers big time, so does the top end but not terribly bad.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by happykamper View Post
    I have but not a whole lot of testing, only tried a 25 and 26 Fury and a 25 Tempest, 82 GPS with just me and a half tank of fuel, fairly sure someone could get 83 plus under the right conditions and maybe a 26 Tempest. My boat is plenty fast as is, 75 all day long with a full tourney load, plenty good for me. I will say this, when it gets really hot out the hole shot suffers big time, so does the top end but not terribly bad.
    24 Fury would fix that and might be just a bit faster with a heavy load.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaymasRodney View Post
    24 Fury would fix that and might be just a bit faster with a heavy load.
    I may have to try one for a summer prop.

24 Tempest
    If you think you have it bad...Look Around and BE THANKFUL because Someone Always Has it Worse!!

BoatWrx Alabama Team Member - Mercury Pro Team
    2023 Caymas CX21- Mercury 250 ProXS 4 Stroke - Garmin Force & Garmin electronics
    2011- Ford 6.7 Powerstroke Tow Toy