Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drifter106 View Post
    If you want to talk about logic...the Bible does not support Mary as being a sinner. Since you call Mary a sinner....name one sin that she committed. Your reaching for straws and coming up empty.
    Romans 3:23 " all have sinned and come short of the glory of God"?
    1 John 1:8 if we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
    I will happily concede and change my view if you can show me in the Bible where Mary did not sin.
    2012 Ranger Z521 2023 Mercury 250 Pro XS

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishinFamily View Post
    I’ll try this one more time being as clear as I can. If it makes a difference to anyone, then that fruit is grown through God’s Grace. At any rate, I will not respond further beyond this as I believe we have reached a point where everyone has said their piece and we risk animosity if we continue on this road.

Jesus taught the Apostles, including John. John taught Ignatius of Antioch and Polycarp. Polycarp taught Irenaeus. Irenaeus taught Hippolytus….. and so on. All of these men passed down the Word of God through oral and written Tradition. Yes, some of that Tradition was the texts that would later become the New Testament.

We know through various writings that these earliest Church fathers believed in the Immaculate Conception. Irenaeus taught that Isaiah 66:7 is referring to Mary not having labor pain which is the result of the original sin. Hippolytus confirmed this belief when he wrote that the prophets “preached of the advent of God in the flesh to the world, His advent by the spotless and God-bearing Mary.”

I know that some in the world will try to turn this in to worship of Mary, but that is not what the Catholic Church teaches. Scripture is clear that worship belongs to God alone. Catholics pray to Saints only to ask for their prayers for us. (Listen to any litany of saints - the response is always “pray for us”). Catholics study the lives of saints as inspiration. Since they have already achieved what we strive for we can be inspired to keep striving for the goal of eternal life with Christ. Catholics don’t worship statues or icons- we use them to recall events or people; we use them to teach; we use them to grow in faith and become closer to the one true God.

For the sake of brevity I will stop. If anyone does not believe what I say or wants to discuss more please feel free to message me.

May the peace of Christ and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with all of you.
    We have all stated our opinions but it takes a while for long held beliefs to be broken down. I appreciate any Biblical evidence you and drift want to show because it sharpens all of us. We are all about finding truth and I am sure I am missing something in my beliefs that needs corrected. Brevity is nice :) Good talk fellas!

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mram10us View Post
    We are not guilty of any sin until we commit it, as shown in the verse I pasted above. In the same way, I don't see how Jesus is blemished by being born in the womb of a sinful woman. What am I missing, my friend?
    Mike,
    I believe that the discussion is about Mary's original sin carried on from Adam and Eve, which I believe that by Levitical law would have been taken care of by her parents as it prescribed in Leviticus 12: 6-12.

4. Member
    As long as you believe Jesus was the son of God, walked the earth, died and rose from the grave to save me from the hell I deserve....then your my brother no matter what church you attend

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffy671 View Post
    As long as you believe Jesus was the son of God, walked the earth, died and rose from the grave to save me from the hell I deserve....then your my brother no matter what church you attend

6. Member
    Might I add that you are saved as well
    All sheep are eventually led to slaughter

7. Member
    Preach! :) well said.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    Mike,
    I believe that the discussion is about Mary's original sin carried on from Adam and Eve, which I believe that by Levitical law would have been taken care of by her parents as it prescribed in Leviticus 12: 6-12.
    Lev 12:6-12? Is this the correct verse, my friend? Thanks

9. Member
    Lev 12:6-12? Is this the correct verse, my friend? Thanks
    Not that this applies on to us today, but this was part of the sacrifice required when a child was born by the parents after the days of purification had passed for the mother.

10. Member
    Not that this applies on to us today, but this was part of the sacrifice required when a child was born by the parents after the days of purification had passed for the mother.
    I am not seeing a Lev 12:6-12. It only goes to verse 8. What am I missing?

11. Member
    I am not seeing a Lev 12:6-12. It only goes to verse 8. What am I missing?
    I am sorry for not paying attention, since I did not pay attention when I wrote 12, and you are obsoletely correct that there is only 8 verses.

12. Member
    I am sorry for not paying attention, since I did not pay attention when I wrote 12, and you are obsoletely correct that there is only 8 verses.
    I was pretty sure I had lost my mind :) thanks again brother

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678