Honda, reliability?

Just purchased a new play boat with a Honda BF200.
    I noticed there is not near the amount of chatter in this thread various the other brands. Not sure how to take that..

2. Great Lakes Captain RangerTim619's Avatar
    This spring I repowered with the BF200 too. I have been very impressed with the motor. I believe the reliably is 2nd to none in the outboard motor world.
    Ranger 619 * Honda 200* Minn Kota* Humminbird *Garmin
    Fenwick *Abu Garcia

3. Member
    Recently purchased a small tin boat with a 40 hp Honda . Runs great but I have no Honda marine dealer anywhere near dealer support availability is my only concern.

4. Member
    Most of the chatter is problematic issues in the other threads. Honda and Suzuki outboards are very reliable.
    Rad Brewer

5. Member
    The Hondas are reliable but are heavy and don't perform as well on a bass boat which is why they aren't used often for that application.

6. Great Lakes Captain RangerTim619's Avatar
    At the marina,. where I docked my charter boat there were tow boats that had Honda outboards that had over 10000 hrs .

Those motors were run hard all the time too.
    Ranger 619 * Honda 200* Minn Kota* Humminbird *Garmin
    Fenwick *Abu Garcia

Got a BF250 on my Puma, not as fast as the others, seem to be geared differently, but quiet as a mouse and good on gas. Have about 157 hours on it, so far so good!
    2019 BassCat Puma FTD, Honda 250, Croxton Razor 4XL,Garmin Force, Power Pole Blades & Charge, Atlas JP, Ionic 36v Lithium, K2 Energy Lithium NoCo GenPro10x1, All Garmin Electronics with PanOptics LiveScope

jefflhoman.com