Thread: Wawasee info

Wawasee info

Thinking of making a trip to Wawasee the 3rd week of October and was wondering what kind of fishing to expect, the few trips I've been there were mostly in the spring and early summer. Also, if anyone has any recommendations for fishing friendly motels (especially Mom and Pop type places) it'd be appreciated.

2. Member
    Dont forget your traps. Cant help you on motels, haven't been up there in a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by brushsjigs View Post
    Dont forget your traps.
    No doubt

4. Member
    It’s typically a tough bite in the fall but anything could come into play. I’d be focusing on the inside weed edge and tops of the flats if the wind is blowing much and otherwise would probably hit the canals.

Quote Originally Posted by jpd_hack View Post
    It’s typically a tough bite in the fall but anything could come into play. I’d be focusing on the inside weed edge and tops of the flats if the wind is blowing much and otherwise would probably hit the canals.
    Thanks! Was wondering if the canals would come in to play.

I do better fishing syracuse in the fall, just a short trip thru the channel. I usually launch of syracuse so it is easier.

As for hotels, know there is one in north webster that my buddy likes when he comes up. Should be the only one in that town, maybe a 15 minute drive to the lake.
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by cubswin View Post
    I do better fishing syracuse in the fall, just a short trip thru the channel. I usually launch of syracuse so it is easier.

As for hotels, know there is one in north webster that my buddy likes when he comes up. Should be the only one in that town, maybe a 15 minute drive to the lake.
    Thank you, will check it out.

It's been quite a while since I've been on Wawasee. Those deeper flats halfway down the lake should still be holding fish then. The lake has a ton of bass, but they are some of the most pressured in the state. Last tournament results I seen were about a week ago. It only took 10 and some change to win.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbass201 View Post
    It's been quite a while since I've been on Wawasee. Those deeper flats halfway down the lake should still be holding fish then. The lake has a ton of bass, but they are some of the most pressured in the state. Last tournament results I seen were about a week ago. It only took 10 and some change to win.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by crawdadking View Post
    Thank you!
    https://rjbassfishing.locals.com/pos...sults-09-21-23

Thanks! Looking pretty tough for now. Hopefully things will pick up if it starts cooling down

12. Member
    I have not heard of Lake Wawasee, IN in a long while. Wasn't it one of the first lakes in the US to get a zebra mussel infestation? How is it now?

Quote Originally Posted by csurp View Post
    I have not heard of Lake Wawasee, IN in a long while. Wasn't it one of the first lakes in the US to get a zebra mussel infestation? How is it now?
    Still pretty clear, but has been for as long as I can remember. Lot of lakes that have more visibility around though.