Question Beltsville and other PA lakes question

I am curious to know if a trout stamp must be purchased if fishing a lake such as Beltsville which has stocked trout, or is it only nessesary if fishing in the spring during trout seasons?

2. Member
    You need a trout stamp if you are fishing in designated trout waters. The only exception is if its a designated trout water open to year round fishing. These are waters that have many different types of fish that also get stocked trout. You can fish these without a stamp, you cannot target trout and if you catch one it must be released. Hope this helps.

3. Member
    I've never fished Beltzville but as far as I know it does not get stocked with trout so you would not need a stamp.

4. Member
    Beltzville is stocked with fingerling trout every year. My grandfather stocked with the fish commission for 30+ years and has a citation from the state for a very large brown trout he caught there while bass fishing.

5. Member
    You only need a trout stamp if you catch and keep trout. If you are in approved trout waters like Locust Lake in Schuylkill County but bass fishing, you do not need a trout stamp. Only if fishing for and in possession of trout do you need a stamp

Thanks for the help guys !! May be retiring to a house that boarders the state property and edge of the lake.