Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Canada Fly-In Fishing Trip Recommendations

I took a trip last year to Kississing Lake Lodge and it was awesome. We primarily caught 95% Northern Pike and they were very healthy. I'm looking at scheduling another trip for next year and I'd like to try another camp. Any suggestions or recommendations out there? I would prefer to fly in to one of the bigger Canadian airports and then have the guides take us from there. However, I am not opposed to driving up to if that is easier. I live in KY and don't want to drive any further that 12 hours +/-.

When I google "Fly In Canada Trips" there are a LOT of options that pop up and the prices are all over the place. If we are flying to Canada then I would want something that was all-inclusive (food and guides included). If we are driving up then we could take our own food and stuff.

2. Member
    If you flyfish I recommend Three Rivers Lodge in Labrador. My dad went 3 times and loved it. Brook trout measured in pounds, not inches plus plenty of pike and lake trout
    Some people are so judgemental. You can tell just by looking at 'em.--Some random meme

I’ve done fairy rock lake 3 times. It was a great time. Tons of walleye and northerns. I also did Bolton lake lodge (fly in lake aswapiswanna) not the lodge. Both go from Winnipeg.

4. Member
    I did 3 trips to Halley’s Camp. Fly out on float plane from Minaki Ontario to Halley’s Camp. Float plane out of Halley’s to remote lakes everyday for 90% smallies and 10% Pike. Fished a few days on the English river that the lodge sits on for Walleye and Pike. An incredible experience.

5. Member
    Munroe Lake Lodge.

fly in. 6 days. All inclusive. Guides included.

last I heard, my records are still on the wall. See if you can beat me!

50”+ pike are regular, 30” lakers are regular, 19” greyling.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kacordy View Post
    I did 3 trips to Halley’s Camp. Fly out on float plane from Minaki Ontario to Halley’s Camp. Float plane out of Halley’s to remote lakes everyday for 90% smallies and 10% Pike. Fished a few days on the English river that the lodge sits on for Walleye and Pike. An incredible experience.

This^^^^
    I did the same trip and Halley flew three of my friends and I to Wright Lake . We could port to anothe lake were two aluminum boats were waiting for us. No one else on these lakes but us. We caught big Walleye, Pike and quite a few small mouth. Trip of a life time,.

7. Member
    I don't mean to hijack this thread, but if you haven't been to Alaska you might consider that instead of Canada. Amazing scenery, wildlife and a wide variety of fishing options. A little further and more expensive, but within the US borders.

8. Member
    Thanks for all the great feedback.

9. Member
    it might be a little too far for you, but we used to fly into kesagami,great accomodations with fantastic fishing,3rd week in june was the best for us,just after ice out(back then).

10. Member
    Fly into International Falls and drive to Shoal Lake
    The Kobelka Family.....Dave-Tim-Kathrine
    Outstanding Food and Log Cabins
    Box31,Kejick,Ontario POX 1EO
    Phone:705 261 2277
    Email if still current: kobelka2277@ xplornet.com
    shoallakelodge.net
    I've been 4 times with no regrets.....guides are from the near by reservation
    outstanding hosts

11. Member
    new number to Shoal Lake lodge since I have been there.
    807-464-4707
    shoallakefishing@gmail.com

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by davesz518 View Post
    new number to Shoal Lake lodge since I have been there.
    807-464-4707
    shoallakefishing@gmail.com
    I messaged them and they emailed me back. Unfortunately their lodge is not open in 2023 and they are not yet sure if they will be open in 2024. It sounds like they may be remodeling things or doing something to "improve the customer experience".

13. Member
    Done over 40 flyin trips.....Greywood Outfitters (out of Nakina), Showalters (out of Red Lake), Mattice Lake Outfitters (out of Armstrong) are all top notch...conscientious and they have well maintained outposts.
    2021 BassCat Pantera Classic - Mercury
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2015 BassCat Caracal Mercury - Minn Kota - Humminbird - Powerpole
    2012 BassCat Pantera II - Mercury
    2004 BassCat Cougar - Mercury

14. Member
    I just went as a guest on a 4 day trip to Wollaston in Northern Saskatchewan. Fly to winnepeg, then a two hour flight the next morning to a small airport, then a hour bus ride down a gravel road. Guides do everything for you. We fished for big pike all day, best day was 85 pike with 6 over 40". Food and service is amazing. Pretty expensive. I'd recommend booking the float plane to fly out each day to fish.

https://visitsunsetcountry.com/

Check out that website. Put your info in and they will send you a ton of information about fishing up north.
    Team Enigma Fishing

16. Member
    "Absence of Evidence does not mean Evidence of Absence."
    - Dr. Carl Sagan

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranchhand02 View Post
    https://visitsunsetcountry.com/

Check out that website. Put your info in and they will send you a ton of information about fishing up north.
    Done............Thanks

18. Member
    What do you want to fish for and what’s your budget? If you really liked the pike at Kississing I think you’ll be disappointed with NW Ontario fly-ins based on all the reports I’ve read and my experience in NW Ontario. Lots of options though in NW Ontario though and possibly easier travel.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DeBo View Post
    What do you want to fish for and what’s your budget? If you really liked the pike at Kississing I think you’ll be disappointed with NW Ontario fly-ins based on all the reports I’ve read and my experience in NW Ontario. Lots of options though in NW Ontario though and possibly easier travel.
    I think Pike would be our primary choice but that has been my only experience up in Canada. We caught a LOT of big pike at Kississing Lake Lodge but at $6K all in per person (flights, all meals, daily guides, transportation from Winnipeg to the Float Plane location on smaller plane, Fly-in plane to lodge, and all gratuities) I would hope for nothing less. Would like to find something at a slightly lower price point and would have no issues with flying into Winnipeg and then renting a car to drive to the float plan pickup location. Having 3 meals cooked for us every day was nice as well, but we have no issues with cooking for ourselves.

I know that I could take him to Kississing Lake Lodge at a total cost of around $12K for the two of us [$4500 per man for the lodge (all inclusive), $1400 for flights from KY to Winnipeg, $300 for 2 hotel nights at Winnipeg airport (coming and going), gratuities for the guides and wait staff at the lodge of $400 +/-, misc booze at the lodge, baits in the bait shop, etc....] but I would consider that to be the VERY HIGH end of the budget. I would prefer to do something for the two of us for around $6K to $8K all in (all flights, transportation, car rental if required, etc......).
    Last edited by kyfisherman1; 08-29-2023 at 02:59 PM.

20. Member
    Here is another one. We went with them several years ago and it was an amazing trip. We had a group of 8 diehard anglers and ended up catching just a little over 2,000 walleye for the week. It was one of the most relaxing, stress free, peaceful trips I have ever been on. And when the sun sets up there.....you'll have a new meaning to the word dark!! LOL

http://www.leuenberger.ca/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast