Vessel view mobile no lights

2011 Merc optimax pro xs 250 SN: 1B846714
    just connected vvm in 10 pin with yellow terminal and then put yellow termination plug in the other vvm plug. I am not getting any lights when I turn power on. I’ve disconnected and reconnected plugs a couple of times and still nothing. I checked the 2 fuse packs on that side and all looks good. Any ideas? Thanks
    Last edited by Bsmith21; 08-24-2023 at 05:47 PM.

2. Member
    power comes at key on
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JOE54 View Post
    power comes at key on
    yeah, I turn key on and get my motor beep and no lights on Vvm module

4. Member
    sounds like bad module
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Make sure you have the plug that has more wires in it connected to the ENGINE side, and the terminator on the plug that only has 2-4 wires). If swapped it won't light up at all.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Make sure you have the plug that has more wires in it connected to the ENGINE side, and the terminator on the plug that only has 2-4 wires). If swapped it won't light up at all.
    I try it again just to double check. I'm pretty positive I had it the right way with the plug with more wires (10 pin) plugged into motor and put the yellow terminator on the pig tail. I didn't think the other side would even plug into the motor because male/female...Thanks
    Last edited by Bsmith21; 08-28-2023 at 08:20 AM.

7. Member
    sounds like bad module
    That's what i was thinking. Going to give it another try and then contact the company for exchange! Thanks

8. Member
    So I figured it out but kind of weird. I exchanged my module for another and same result. I have a Triton 21xs with push pad start. When I turn power on with key on I get my mercury beep. When I turn power on with key off and then turn key on...no beep. It got me thinking. I bumped over engine and lights came on and I was able to connect to it. Hooked motor to water hose and was able to read everything and smartcraft light comes on when running. So for some reason, my motor has to be running or push to start button has to be pushed for my VVM to power on...

9. Member
    push is key on

10. Member
    push is key on
    Yeah I guess so. Thanks! It threw me for a loop at first lol

11. Member