Puma STS Garmin GLS10 location

I'm installing a Live Scope plus on Puma STS. Where is the best location to install the GLS10 black box?

2. Member
    I put my black box in the starboard rod locker. Mounted against the console wall. However, if I had it to do over again, I would put it in the back compartment by the fuel tank, but on the outside wall.

3. Member
    Best place to put it is in the rod locker towards the front (left) shared wall between the middle compartment. Your cables are long enough for that location and it’s out of the way

4. Member
    They make extensions for the gls 10. Not a puma but.. I mounted mine in the front of the drivers console.
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor

Like Redngoo says, get the cable extension and put it as far back in the boat as possible, it's a heavy little chunk of metal.

6. Member
    Put mine in the starboard rod locker on the interior wall and it seems to work fine for cable length. I use that compartment for life jackets, rain suits, and butt seat so its got plenty of room.

7. Member
    Starboard rod locker attached to back wall below the console.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hook View Post
    I put my black box in the starboard rod locker. Mounted against the console wall. However, if I had it to do over again, I would put it in the back compartment by the fuel tank, but on the outside wall.
    Same here.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mike464 View Post
    Like Redngoo says, get the cable extension and put it as far back in the boat as possible, it's a heavy little chunk of metal.
    the weight of that black box is negligible to the weight of the boat. The more extensions you put on there the more issue you set yourself up for.