Lowrance trailering covers (Added link with pictures)

Gentleman I need to share a great option to use instead of factory oem covers when trailering. Tuffskinz is making covers with Velcro straps that will hold their custom covers on your units. In addition you can add virtually anything you want in terms of graphics. The cover is well worth the money and a quality investment for your graphs.
    hope this helps. Made a big difference on protecting my equipment
    Last edited by captainrab; 08-19-2023 at 01:50 PM.
    Respectfully,
    Captain Rab
    V1CO 1:27 But God has chosen the foolish things of the
    world to put to shame the wise; and God has
    chosen the weak things of the world to put to
    shame the things which are mighty

Quote Originally Posted by captainrab View Post
    Gentleman I need to share a great option to use instead of factory oem covers when trailering. Tuffskinz is making covers with Velcro straps that will hold their custom covers on your units. In addition you can add virtually anything you want in terms of graphics. The cover is well worth the money and a quality investment for your graphs.
    hope this helps. Made a big difference on protecting my equipment
    Do you have any pictures of the back of the unit with the cover on, ie how the strap is routed, etc?

3. Member
    I’ll get some later. Attached is their link.it doubles as a carrying case if you’re pulling your graphs every trip. The straps are Velcro and heavy duty

https://www.tuffskinz.net/product/gr...carrying-case/
    Respectfully,
    Captain Rab

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    Do you have any pictures of the back of the unit with the cover on, ie how the strap is routed, etc?
    And it's the back of your unit which debris will strike.

5. Member
    I use the factory sun covers when trailering. I purchased some small diameter bungee cord material, cut a length long enough to go around the unit and cover, tied a knot in it and slipped it over the unit before I put it in the bracket. Now when I get to my destination I slip the cord off the unit and remove the sun cover. The cord stays out of the way and is always available to slip back onto the cover when needed. Easy and cheap!!

My work place was throwing away old Dell laptop carrying cases that were the perfect size for my 12" graphs. I asked to take them home and that is what I use to carry my graphs if I remove them from the boat.
    Last edited by 84rickygreen; 08-17-2023 at 08:49 AM.

6. Member
    ^^^^^^ this. It is so simple.. I wonder why so many people want to make such a simple thing so difficult. 1/4 inch elastic/bungee material cut to size as noted by 84/ricky works perfectly. I too keep the elastic looped around the back of the unit held by each of the E-locks. This product keeps the cover very snug and offers no issues for the problems some experience.

7. Member
    Any pictures of this bungee cord solution? What is an E-lock?

8. Member
    The E-Locks are the DuraSafe electronic locks. I ordered the 1/4" elastic material from Amazon. $6 for a 10' length. Wrap around unit to ensure length then cut and tie into a knot to create a closed circle. Secure to locks or whatever you have to keep elastic in place. Has worked perfectly for my application. When I remove covers, I wrap the cord behind the unit, still on both locks so it's there when I need it. Very simple process.

Hope this helps.

IMG_2785.jpgIMG_2784.jpgIMG_2786.jpg

9. Member
    I installed my cords around the units from top to bottom. That way when I slip it off it stays trapped between the graph and bracket. I would include pictures but my boat is at my lake house on Toledo Bend. I’ll see if I can find one. I also have the DuraSafe locks on my units.

10. Member

11. Member
    Last edited by captainrab; 08-19-2023 at 04:10 PM.
    Respectfully,
    Captain Rab

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by weiglein4 View Post
    The E-Locks are the DuraSafe electronic locks. I ordered the 1/4" elastic material from Amazon. $6 for a 10' length. Wrap around unit to ensure length then cut and tie into a knot to create a closed circle. Secure to locks or whatever you have to keep elastic in place. Has worked perfectly for my application. When I remove covers, I wrap the cord behind the unit, still on both locks so it's there when I need it. Very simple process.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for this idea, ordering some now.

Quote Originally Posted by weiglein4 View Post

Hope this helps.

I'm trying this, cut some cord to length yesterday and tied with a zepplin bend knot. Hoping they work as I am so tired of messing with velcor straps and it grabbing everything or xfx straps that stretch and let cover fly off, etc.

14. Member
    IMG_5883.jpgIMG_5884.jpg
    I also use bungee cord, but went around my graphs so that when I slide it off to remove the cover it stays on the bracket and is easily accessible to use when I replace the cover. It won't blow off and I don't have to store it or secure it when not in use.

Tight Lines guys and gals!