Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    https://www.youtube.com/live/LGO9GdsJW28?feature=share

he said that he’s working on getting the podcast downloaded onto iTunes.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonJT View Post
    Youtube is the only place I've ever watched BTL.
    Well apparently we are the only two on this post that has watched it on you tube. As this post originated as there having not been any podcast recently.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo400jk View Post
    Im not trying to argue with your points. I think your are coreect. I was just pointing out that he has had podcasts, but they have all been on youtube. No clue why that is.
    Totally fair, I did watch the Jody white one. Still confused as to why he seemed to suddenly forget how to upload to podcast format.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

4. Member
    Bass talk live is still better than most other Podcast/YouTube shows. I agree the show with Mark and Matt was better because you had different views and Mark excelled at interviewing and random fishing industry info. Matt is a Fisherman first and talk show host second. Not a bad thing because it’s interesting to hear his views but sometimes I think the show is a have to do and not a want to do. I think Matt needs to get a permanent Co host preferably someone who isn’t on the road as much as him. A retired angler or maybe a fishing nut that really likes to talk randomness.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lightningmusky View Post
    Bass talk live is still better than most other Podcast/YouTube shows. I agree the show with Mark and Matt was better because you had different views and Mark excelled at interviewing and random fishing industry info. Matt is a Fisherman first and talk show host second. Not a bad thing because it’s interesting to hear his views but sometimes I think the show is a have to do and not a want to do. I think Matt needs to get a permanent Co host preferably someone who isn’t on the road as much as him. A retired angler or maybe a fishing nut that really likes to talk randomness.
    Agreed. The show could use a co host, but like you said it needs someone who isn’t quite as inside the tournament scene and brings a fresh perspective. That’s what was so baffling to me when they kept insisting he needed Hallman as a co host.

6. Member
    Fyi.....7 podcasts just showed up for download. Looks like they are back on track. Now I can catch up on what I miss while at work

He must be back home with good internet because a bunch just uploaded to the podcast on my phone.

To me BTL is still good, but its not as good as it was. It seems like now its all his buddies on there or sponsors trying to sell stuff. I know they have to pay bills but entire shows on apps or fishing tackle mail orders is not what I like to listen to. I agree with others that a co host would greatly benefit Matt. I also think he is doing what everyone told him not to do in that the fishing is getting in the way of the show. I wonder if its the sponsors pushing him to fish all the tournaments or if it is him wanting to fish them?
    Team Enigma Fishing

8. Member
    I feel like we have this exact same thread at least once a week
    2007 Bass Cat Puma
    2007 Mercury Pro XS 250

9. Member
    If you watched, you’d have heard his explanation. Panger does an awesome job and I’m happy he does the show. Some of y’all just like bitching about nothing & sound like your wives.
    v/r,

———————————-
    2018 BassCat Eyra
    Mercury ProXS 250/Bravo 4-27/Fury 3-26
    Lowrance HDS Carbon 12’s/DSS3D/HDI
    Ultrex 112/
    Power Poles
    RLTW!

Quote Originally Posted by BassKitty View Post
    If you watched, you’d have heard his explanation. Panger does an awesome job and I’m happy he does the show. Some of y’all just like bitching about nothing & sound like your wives.

Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

11. Member
    It's a lot of work hosting/producing a podcast that maybe some people don't understand. I launched one this year (The Hook Set). Between work, fishing, family, it started to get to be too much. We're only about 2.5k views an episode so we're just small potatoes but I couldn't imagine the stress knowing there are tens of thousands of people waiting for me to upload episodes.

I'm on the Bass Talk Live Basszone.com site right now. The most recent show is Ott Defoe June 20. Click on yesterdays show, Aug 8 Milliken, and you get June 20. Click on the live show, and you get Day 4 #119 from a month ago.
    It's F**ked up. I used to look forward to the shows every week and listened to them all on replay. I actually thought Pangrac was better than Jeff in some ways. Now he's lost me, I've moved on to other shows: Mercer and The Big Bass Podcast are two good ones.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewM-Fishing View Post
    It's a lot of work hosting/producing a podcast that maybe some people don't understand. I launched one this year (The Hook Set). Between work, fishing, family, it started to get to be too much. We're only about 2.5k views an episode so we're just small potatoes but I couldn't imagine the stress knowing there are tens of thousands of people waiting for me to upload episodes.
    Like you said though, you just launched it this year. BTL is his main source of income and he’s been involved with podcasting / media for a long time.

BTL shows are back! Matt was in an area where he didn't have the equipment and maybe the WIFI he needed to load so many hours of content he continued to record while on his tournament swing. I'm getting my BTL fix while out on the lawnmower. Great show with Toyota series winner Matt Stephan and his wife about his struggles trying to get through a lock with the winning fish. Worth a listen. I've read the thread . A lot of comments both positive and negative. BTL is my favorite and I think the favorite of many. It has spawned many other fishing podcasts. The Big Bass Podcast with Ken Duke I believe was inspired by Ken Duke being a regular guest on BTL. Jeffreys helped Iconelli get his podcast started. I think Matt is knocking it out of the park by himself and I didn't expect that when Jeffreys retired from the show. Good job Matt! More shows, longer shows , more varied content but all about bass fishing. We've come a long way.
    Rob Campbell - (2015) 21 Skeeter Fxi

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    Agreed, I actually like the show even better now, problem is the dude barely puts any content out. I get that he’s driving around the country and fishing tournament/doing media events, whatever, but he needs to realize he’s letting other podcasts take his place. And we all know cashing 2/3 opens checks per year isn’t paying the bills. I’ve been listening to a lot of “serious anglers podcast” to fill the BTL gap.
    I get that, tough spot. When you are doing podcasts from hotels you know you're stretched thin!

16. Member
    [QUOTE=RealtorRob;13120841]I personally have nothing bad to say about what Matt has done with the show. That's why I'm missing it. Just thought maybe I needed to update my phone or something to get the podcasts. I hope Matt makes the Elite Series soon as he is obviously a talented fisherman with a dream and has paid his dues. I don't know how we can complain about his putting out content when he typically puts out 4 shows a week. Just thought maybe this was an August vacation in between tournaments. I'm a Pangrac fan. Just needing a BTL fix.[/QUOTE

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TownesZ21 View Post
    I get that, tough spot. When you are doing podcasts from hotels you know you're stretched thin!
    That’s all self induced issues though. No reason to not have a decent mobile recording setup and be able to find good wifi with todays technology.

At the end of the day he doesn’t owe us anything and is free to work on whatever schedule he wants. Like I’ve said, I do think he consistently has the best podcast out there, just would hate to see it fall to the wayside like it has the last few months. This week now that he’s back in studio has been solid.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    That’s all self induced issues though. No reason to not have a decent mobile recording setup and be able to find good wifi with todays technology.

At the end of the day he doesn’t owe us anything and is free to work on whatever schedule he wants. Like I’ve said, I do think he consistently has the best podcast out there, just would hate to see it fall to the wayside like it has the last few months. This week now that he’s back in studio has been solid.
    Ya this weeks podcasts were pretty good. A lot better than what has been pushed out recently.. only two or three opens left going into October so they should be pretty consistent now
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

Quote Originally Posted by BassKitty View Post
    Exactly, how do you know what their wives sound like?

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    Ya this weeks podcasts were pretty good. A lot better than what has been pushed out recently.. only two or three opens left going into October so they should be pretty consistent now
    Well this last semi-hiatus happened with an open basically in his backyard and one up north, so I wouldn’t count on it being consistent once the opens start up again

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast