Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    When I take screen shots some times I save them to a SD card..but a lot of time I just mirror them with the Lowrance app and save them to a smart phone or iPad I can save,upload,or blue tooth to the computer at a later date, pretty easy to do even for a old fudd like my self.

I also would like to see some comparisons... if not from the OP then from anyone, really. I have 3DSS and have recently installed a Pro replacing one of my Lives. Currently have it on the bow and trying to decide between adding the soon to be released HD 3n1 Ghost Nosecone and keeping 3DSS on the console/transom, or moving the Pro to the Console and switching out the 3DSS with the HD at the transom.

There are arguements for both - Pro at bow with HD Nosecone adds nicer, clearer SS/DS at bow while keeping greater range of 3DSS available at transom, which Marc C. is a big proponent of. Of course Marc C. fishes water much deeper than I do down here in Florida ;). I rarely have my SS greater than 100ft even though it is capable of much more... I've run it out to 250 just playing around with it, and I believe it will go to 600 in the right conditions.

Or just replacing 3DSS on transom with the nicer images, higher mhz, and adjustable scroll speed of the HD 3n1 transom mount transducer and just using the built in 2D/DI of the Ghost up front (along with my dual AT's, of course ;).

But I really would like to see some comparions at some point. RMP did an HD vs AI 3n1 video, but as usual RMP's videos really only scratch the surface, and I don't recall there being a noticeable difference other than how they had the settings, which iirc weren't optimal. But I don't know that I've seen any 3DSS vs HD 3n1 comparions, or if any are out there yet.
    Last edited by 78Staff; 08-03-2023 at 05:25 AM.

3. Member
    Thanks everyone for your thoughts on lowrance’s new imaging technology!!

4. Member
    A single picture is worth a thousand words.

5. Member
    Attached are two images from earlier this year using a HDS Pro with AIHD 3-in-1 transducer with current software version. Images are compressed some to be able to post on this page, but I think they will still show fairly clear. Based on my testing the new AIHD is without a doubt a better transducer than the standard 3-in-1, but at this point it is difficult to determine if it is on par (or beyond) of the 3D, as we are currently dealing with an older released version of the 3D software (pre-NOS 67). The 3D has more crystals and as a result has more data to work with, but with the AIHD they have done things with the current software to greatly improve the results. I have similar screenshots using the 3D, but they are older and earlier than the current 3D software, so not sure if that is a fair comparison. My guess is when the NOS 67 version of 3D is released, only then can one do a fair comparison.

Thanks, Mark.

Am I correct in inferring that an update for SS3D is in the making?

7. Member
    ​
    Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    I also would like to see some comparisons... if not from the OP then from anyone, really. I have 3DSS and have recently installed a Pro replacing one of my Lives. Currently have it on the bow and trying to decide between adding the soon to be released HD 3n1 Ghost Nosecone and keeping 3DSS on the console/transom, or moving the Pro to the Console and switching out the 3DSS with the HD at the transom.

There are arguements for both - Pro at bow with HD Nosecone adds nicer, clearer SS/DS at bow while keeping greater range of 3DSS available at transom, which Marc C. is a big proponent of. Of course Marc C. fishes water much deeper than I do down here in Florida ;). I rarely have my SS greater than 100ft even though it is capable of much more... I've run it out to 250 just playing around with it, and I believe it will go to 300 in the right conditions.

Or just replacing 3DSS on transom with the nicer images, higher mhz, and adjustable scroll speed of the HD 3n1 transom mount transducer and just using the built in 2D/DI of the Ghost up front (along with my dual AT's, of course ;).

But I really would like to see some comparions at some point. RMP did an HD vs AI 3n1 video, but as usual RMP's videos really only scratch the surface, and I don't recall there being a noticeable difference other than how they had the settings, which iirc weren't optimal. But I don't know that I've seen any 3DSS vs HD 3n1 comparions, or if any are out there yet.
    The Pro units have adjustable scroll speed on HD side and down imaging now?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    Thanks, Mark.

Am I correct in inferring that an update for SS3D is in the making?
    From what I have seen 3D Structurescan is still a supported product, so as a result updates are possible.

I had a video made comparing SS3D to the new AI 3-1 HD and my SD card got corrupted or something and I had to reformat the drive and deleted all media. So I’m going to redo it soon and I’ll post it. From what I saw I like SS3D better just at distance. It didn’t perform that well further than 60 ft to each side and in my test I was looking 100ft. I was surprised at how bad the 455khz chirp was at say 70-100ft from the boat. I couldn’t even hardly see at that distance. Ai 3-1 hd is similar to mega side scan.

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    290ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Miller tech/Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

Quote Originally Posted by Fofo View Post
    ​

The Pro units have adjustable scroll speed on HD side and down imaging now?
    I thought they have had this since the AI 3n1 series... maybe I am not using the correct term? Or is this a hummingbird only feature?

From using the AIHD I will say they are the best images to date on 455. Whether this is due to the transducer itself or the software or both is the question. I almost always use 455 but the limited time I use 1075, its images were crisp. The shadowing is the most important feature with this transducer to me and it is far superior with fish showing up very clear and readable shadow images. Fish shadowing is now on par with mega which was/is the biggest issue with using SS3D compared to the AIHD units.
    Scroll speed is not adjustable on the pro unit with AIHD

12. Member
    Here is a link to the images Paul Getty’s posted that I mentioned in my original post. I am
    fishing Hartwell as well and my images are very comparable to his.

https://www.facebook.com/10006360532...8151163981721/

13. Member
    Thanks 91tiger for the review!!

I am running Live & Carbons with S3100 module. I am disappointed that the 1075 MHZ freq for side scan doesn't reach very far. It does show good detail but when I fish 30-60 feet depth, the side reach is very limited. I am surprised we go for the "Mega Imaging" concept but are happy to run SS at 455?? It was mentioned that the shadow detail is great at 455.. I am interested in that but have not checked that out yet. I am just getting the transducer adjust properly.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnIrish View Post
    Thanks 91tiger for the review!!

I am running Live & Carbons with S3100 module. I am disappointed that the 1075 MHZ freq for side scan doesn't reach very far. It does show good detail but when I fish 30-60 feet depth, the side reach is very limited. I am surprised we go for the "Mega Imaging" concept but are happy to run SS at 455?? It was mentioned that the shadow detail is great at 455.. I am interested in that but have not checked that out yet. I am just getting the transducer adjust properly.
    Hummingbird makes a big deal out of the higher frequencies too. But I always got way better images on 455KHZ on the Hummingbird and Lowrance units. Maybe in shallower water the high frequency is better but I like being able to look 100 to 120 feet out on both sides most of the time. I haven’t found much use for the higher frequencies in deeper water.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12