Thread: Motorguide

Motorguide

Does any one know if the bugs with tour pro have ironed out

2. Member
    Yes. At least the last firmware update 18 months ago or so fixed my GPS issues. That was the only problem I had. Love my MG TP HD+.

John Walker - Matthews NC

2021 Ranger RT198P - Mercury 150 4S - Enertia Eco
    VesselView Link - MotorGuide Tour Pro - Lowrance Carbons

3. Member
    I must have gotten lucky. I had one of the first wave out. Has never needed service and took the update just fine. Still the best TM I have ever used.
    2021 BassCatt Pantera II
    200 Pro XS(3B056653)
    Motorguide Tour Pro

4. Member
    Based on the lack of complaints I am seeing on here they must have got the issues fixed. I had to get a motherboard replaced due to the dreaded hard turn on its own thing but have had zero issues other than that. I went ahead and bought a spare pull cable / handle assembly as I have heard of them breaking.
    2004 Ranger 519VX
    Yamaha VMAX 200HP OX66

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by M-D View Post
    . I went ahead and bought a spare pull cable / handle assembly as I have heard of them breaking.
    Where does one find those? Are they hard to install? I want to go ahead and get one now.
    2021 BassCatt Pantera II
    200 Pro XS(3B056653)
    Motorguide Tour Pro

6. Member
    I cannot recall exactly where I bough it online but just google "Motorguide Tour Pro pull cable and handle replacement kit" and you will have some options.
    2004 Ranger 519VX
    Yamaha VMAX 200HP OX66

7. bullyfish
    I have had mine over two years not one Single issue love the thing quietest, trolling motor I ever seen

I bought one that was used and didn't work properly. The price I bought it for reflected this pretty well at a discount vs buying new. I transferred the factory 2year warranty to my name with a form from Mercury Marine and a bill of sale from the seller. I put it in the shop for diagnosis and repairs which luckily was nearby to where I live. Over about a 3-month timeline, they replaced several broken plastic gears and all the GPS/Control boards under warranty free of charge. Afterwards I calibrated in a specific order of codes M111, M112, M283, M284, and M285. It worked perfectly and makes my fishing buddies jealous every time we go fishing! If the pinpoint goes crazy in circles when using for the first time of the day, I can easily reperform codes with the remote M283, M284, and M285- and its fixed. Always disconnect power to TM when charging Batteries and Leave Breaker off until you are ready to deploy and use on the water.
    Buy the extended warranty as soon as you buy one of these and get familiar with where your repair man is.

9. Member
    No problem with mine. I've had is since Feb. I've got a spare pull handle cable but haven't needed it. Link to handle/cable. https://trollingmotorparts.com/motor...-kit-tour-pro/

10. Member
    I bought a refurbished Tour Pro HD+ off of the Motorguide website. With the adaptor cables, the transducer works great with my Garmins. It has worked flawlessly. My son's Ghost continually has spotlocking issues. I thought I might regret going cheaper with the Motorguide and now I'm glad I did. I really like the mount and how quiet the steering motor is.
    2000 Bass Cat Pantera Classic
    2004 Optimax S/N: 0T795443

11. Member
    Now I’m seeing the screws that secure the steering gear to the shaft back out , jam up and damage the transmission , 2 in 3 weeks time frame now.

12. Arkansas Fishing Moderator cmclairday2's Avatar
    I've had the Tour Pro for about 6 weeks now. Love it.
    '02 Gambler Outlaw
    '02 Mercury 200 EFI 2.5L

13. Member
    I’ve been eyeballing these for a while now. It seems they have improved over the last year but like anything else. It can be hit or miss on quality.

I've had a Tour Pro for a bit over a year now and I have not had one issue with it.

Tom

First one I bought was a dud out of the box and MG would not send me a new one, told me to take it to a service center which is another issue, make sure one is near by if you buy one. The vendor I bought it from stepped up and sent me a new replacement which has worked perfect for a year now. Only issue I have with it is the shaft collar clamp is cheezy and the motor will slip all the way down eventually if I raise it up fishing super shallow water. Plenty of power and the ability to run it manually if something happens to the electric assist is a bonus. There are five pedal tension settings that can be adjusted via the remote and the highest setting gets pretty close to the feel of a old school cable steer. If it were brushless it would be perfect. I have the one with the built in transducer and no issue with that either running Lowrance graphs.

My Tour. pro has been flawless since the last firmware revision. I love it. Quiet, powerful, efficient, and the metal pedal has a smooth, solid feel to it.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

17. Member
    This is all good info as this will be my next upgrade this coming winter for next year. Cj
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

18. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    Love mine... Best TM I've owned....
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop
    82# MotorGuide Tour Pro TM
    Fishes as good as anything out there, with the TM down...

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanhick View Post
    Only issue I have with it is the shaft collar clamp is cheezy and the motor will slip all the way down eventually if I raise it up fishing super shallow water.
    When you open the clamp to adjust the TM height, spin the clamp lever clockwise one revolution and then close it. The tightness of the clamp is adjustable.
    There was a time that I didn't fish but I cannot remember it.