Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shout out to ALX rods!

Wanted an old school pistol grip rod for slinging spinnerbaits, and Alex hooked me up. Used it today for the first time. The action of the rod was just what I was looking for. Great service and very personable folks there. Will definitely consider them for future purchases. Again, thank you Alex !!

2. Member

Awesome deal! Just a big no on the pistol grip.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

4. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    ALX has some awesome rods......
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

5. Member
    Great to deal with.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pabasshawk View Post
    Great to deal with.
    If you say so. I will never own another due some poor customer service. I will leave it at that!!

7. Member
    I have a few gloomis ones. Great until a big gal bites the bait
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

Own about 14 of em!
    great rods, good folks to deal with too!

gene
    22 BassCat Lynx
    22Mercury proXS
    Hummingbird/garmin
    ALX rods/Shimano /Lews
    Maxwell Flying inc

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rclark1 View Post
    If you say so. I will never own another due some poor customer service. I will leave it at that!!
    You're the first I have heard that has had an issue with their customer service. I and everyone I know have only had the absolute best customer service from ALX rods. Sorry to hear about your problems.

Quote Originally Posted by sktrbtr View Post
    Wanted an old school pistol grip rod for slinging spinnerbaits, and Alex hooked me up. Used it today for the first time. The action of the rod was just what I was looking for. Great service and very personable folks there. Will definitely consider them for future purchases. Again, thank you Alex !!
    Thanks so much for the compliments! We enjoyed building your custom and it's great to know it's perfect for what you wanted. Very hard to find that type of rod prebuilt today.

You're the first I have heard that has had an issue with their customer service. I and everyone I know have only had the absolute best customer service from ALX rods. Sorry to hear about your problems.
    Unfortunately, customers don't always agree with our findings on why a rod breaks. In most cases we provide photographic evidence of why a rod broke if there is visible damage. If we find a defect or if we cannot provide that evidence of visible damage, we most often just replace the rod. In cases where a rod claim is denied, we still try offer as many solutions as possible. Our customers are important and we serve them to best of our abilities while balancing the ability to stay in business. Just like any manufacturer, we just can't give new product away when there isn't a defect. We'd go out of business pretty quickly. At the same time we have to do what is right by all our customers - treating everyone fairly and equally by having consistent practices and guidelines and balancing that against the specific situation.

In this case I took over the claim from our warranty staff by reviewing and approving the original findings and following up personally. We did provide a breakage report with an image of the impact damage at the location of the rod failure. Without specifics, we did more than our standard process due to the situation. We could not come to an agreement. I respect the customer's decisions and opinions and really hate we lost him as a customer, even more so considering he has purchased multiple rods.

- Alex

Quote Originally Posted by cidgrad View Post
    Unfortunately, customers don't always agree with our findings on why a rod breaks. In most cases we provide photographic evidence of why a rod broke if there is visible damage. If we find a defect or if we cannot provide that evidence of visible damage, we most often just replace the rod. In cases where a rod claim is denied, we still try offer as many solutions as possible. Our customers are important and we serve them to best of our abilities while balancing the ability to stay in business. Just like any manufacturer, we just can't give new product away when there isn't a defect. We'd go out of business pretty quickly. At the same time we have to do what is right by all our customers - treating everyone fairly and equally by having consistent practices and guidelines and balancing that against the specific situation.

In this case I took over the claim from our warranty staff by reviewing and approving the original findings and following up personally. We did provide a breakage report with an image of the impact damage at the location of the rod failure. Without specifics, we did more than our standard process due to the situation. We could not come to an agreement. I respect the customer's decisions and opinions and really hate we lost him as a customer, even more so considering he has purchased multiple rods.

- Alex

Sounds completely reasonable.

You’ll never please the guy who thinks “good customer service” is purchase something once and get it replaced free for life no matter the circumstances.

(Never have looked at ALX…Just looked at your Enox series on your site. Wow! Looks like a beautiful rod. May have to try one.)
    Last edited by dean c; 07-22-2023 at 09:24 AM.

14. Member
    ^ do yourself a favor, try 2!! There are some gems in all the lines but Enox is special, especially for the money

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    Sounds completely reasonable.

You’ll never please the guy who thinks “good customer service” is purchase something once and get it replaced free for life no matter the circumstances.

(Never have looked at ALX…Just looked at your Enox series on your site. Wow! Looks like a beautiful rod. May have to try one.)
    Don't do it Dean. ALX rods are like potato chips, you can't have just one. I tried one toadface and I now have 15 of their rods. As to their customer service, I had Zolo jerk bait rod that had a reel seat that felt a little loose, not a real problem but not quite perfect. I mentioned this when on the phone ordering a different rod and didn't think about it again until a new jerk bait rod arrived at my door. It had a note with it asking me to package the rod with the questionable reel seat in the rod tube and send it back to them to check out, they even included a prepaid shipping label.

16. Member
    Never heard a bad word about ALX and plan to buy the famous toad face sometime in the near future.
    2007 Ranger188vs, Mercury optimax 150

Don't do it Dean. ALX rods are like potato chips, you can't have just one. I tried one toadface and I now have 15 of their rods. As to their customer service, I had Zolo jerk bait rod that had a reel seat that felt a little loose, not a real problem but not quite perfect. I mentioned this when on the phone ordering a different rod and didn't think about it again until a new jerk bait rod arrived at my door. It had a note with it asking me to package the rod with the questionable reel seat in the rod tube and send it back to them to check out, they even included a prepaid shipping label.
    They look great. It’s so hard learning another manufacturer’s ratings and powers. It’s taken forever to get familiar with Loomis since none of their ratings/powers are similar across the lines. Pretty much why I’ve stayed with the same model for most of my rods.

18. Member
    I just purchased 2 of their rods. I will get a chance to try them next weekend but they feel good just casting in the yard. looking forward to using them. I replace a Loomis that I was never really happy with and the tip broke on a hookset. CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

19. Member
    I have only used the Toadface and I really like it. I'd like to have a couple more of them. Very good rod.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    (May have to try one.)
    Come visit me, I'll let you use a few different ones. I am slowly replacing everything in the rod locker with ALX. And this is coming from a Loomis/St. Croix guy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast