Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Airbnb for fishing trip?

Guys that take their boats out of state for a fishing trip, do you stay in an airbnb that has a covered carport or garage? Or do you stay at a hotel?
    2019 Ranger Z520c
    2019 Mercury 250 ProXS

2. Member
    I would say a combination of both.

3. Member
    We stayed at many Airbnb and a verbo, never had a garage or carport, usually five guys and four boats. Don't do hotels, we like to cook.

Tom

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Castaway View Post
    We stayed at many Airbnb and a verbo, never had a garage or carport, usually five guys and four boats. Don't do hotels, we like to cook.

Tom
    Gotcha. So where do you guys park your boats? Is there enough space for all of those trucks and boats?
    2019 Ranger Z520c
    2019 Mercury 250 ProXS

5. Member
    Google maps is your friend. Don’t take their word when the people renting say “plenty of room for boats” lol
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

6. Member
    Airbnb all the way. I've had great luck with finding some nice safe houses and cabins. Anything to avoid taking every piece of equipment out of the boat and into the hotel room only to reload the next morning.

7. Member
    Great points. I'll keep those in mind going forward.
    2019 Ranger Z520c
    2019 Mercury 250 ProXS

8. Member
    Airbnb. I communicate with the owner in advance about boat parking, turning around, etc. And use Google Maps. Much better than hotels.

9. Member
    Airbnb every time for me. As others have said just make sure to ask about sufficient parking and outlets to plug in to.

stayed at AirBnB last month that had a dock - boats stayed in the water all week

11. Member
    As others have said, AirBnB is probably the best bet. Much more comfortable than a hotel with room to sprawl out. Having separate areas to cook, eat, and relax makes for a better trip rather than eating on some nasty hotel bed where the person before you probably did the nasty. We’ve never had a bad experience with Airbnb, we prefer it over a hotel even just for our own non-fishing trips.

most AirBnB hosts are very responsive when asked about boats too but it’s also best to do your homework and check it out on google earth first.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    Google maps is your friend. Don’t take their word when the people renting say “plenty of room for boats” lol
    This

13. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar
    Usually air bnb will be cheaper also. Plus who wants to sleep where a movie was made the night before?
    2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170

We used an ABnB on our trip to Presque Isle, PA last month. No covered area for the boats (2) but we had plenty of room. Best ABnB I've ever stayed in, definitely set up for outdoors folks. Plus they had a little pond in the back yard full of small bass to mess around with.
    Woody

15. Member
    I just spent the week of the 4th at a VBRO on Hartwell, nice quiet area, they had an extra berth in the dock plus a pontoon you could rent. I also used Google Maps to check it out to make sure they had plenty of parking and space to park boat trailer. The property was sitting on just over an acre of land and they even had covered RV parking.

Dock was setup nice, they had a green light underneath that would come on at 9:00, multiple brush piles around the dock. Only complaint was the number of spiders and their webs on the dock, holy crap.

Caught a bunch of fish and capped the trip with this one... Nice Bass.jpg

16. Member
    We always use VRBO. Carport/garage is never a concern. Just cover the boat at night

17. Member
    At a Airbnb this week. I just park in the driveway and cover it.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmaster2003 View Post
    Gotcha. So where do you guys park your boats? Is there enough space for all of those trucks and boats?
    I always communicate with the owner in advance, I tell them the total length of my boat and truck and ensure they have power close by. Never had any issues doing this.

19. Member
    I use AirBnB and VRBO for fishing trips and always look for a carport/garage for the boat and so far I only had to cover the boat at one location.
    Bass Boat