Waypoint Management

It's getting to the point where I would like to somehow remove my waypoints from my 106 and store them on a computer and put them in folders by lake. Is there a program out there to perform this? The April software update appeared to have a solution but they didn't include the Ultramaps....

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Garmin has Homeport program which is discontinued but you can do what you want with the program. If you are computer savy, it can be figured out. I just done this with mine. You dont necessarily need to put it in different folders, just make a file for each and save it by name in one folder.

Send me a PM and i'll give you a link to download the program.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Member
    I am all Garmin as well, but used to run Lowrance HDS Live 12's. Lowrance's waypoint management system is amazing compared to them all. I have even talked with the upper echelon at Garmin with my rep to update the waypoint management system. The easiest way to manage your waypoints is to pull them off of your Garmin and put the card into a Lowrance and split them up lake by lake from there. If there is any way you can access a Lowrance this is the simplest way.
    I am curious about the update. I run 8612 Garmin's and haven't heard about an update to the waypoint management? Can you give me any insight on it?

4. Member
    Thanks guys!!!! Rufus, check the April software update. I'm pretty sure my interpretation was correct, but I could have misread. Thanks for the tip!!

Yes, see the details below on the April update that added the ability to export user data by region (a specified boundary area). This would be used to segregate user data lake by lake to separate files straight from the Garmin unit.

https://www8.garmin.com/marine/PDF/M.../April2023.pdf
    Garmin Pro Team

6. Member
    Wow, thanks for the information. I did the update, but never checked to see what it was for. I fish the great lakes and have thousands of waypoints that I need to edit and save.

7. Member
    And of course they left out the Echomap Ultras???