Richard Karn the pocket hose king said what?

I’m sure most of you have seen the commercials over the years with him Schelling for the pocket hose I bought one a decade ago and the second time I went to use it one of the fittings came off so I’m not a fan

But he’s now on the 5th or 6th generation and it has copper “infused” fittings and nozzle and in the commercial he says because of this you will have lead free water WTH?

How can they get away with such a statement?

I know bacteria can’t grow on some metals but I’ve never heard of a metal removing lead from water
    "The handicapped angler"

I think he meant the Chinese changed their fitting recipe and the hose no longer has lead as an ingredient.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    I think he meant the Chinese changed their fitting recipe and the hose no longer has lead as an ingredient.

4. Member
    My mom goes on and on about I need to get this stuff she saw in a commercial.
    Always stuff she saw in a commercial.

5. Member
    Brass has a small amount of lead in it.

Xpress H-56 Yamaha 115

6. Member
    I'‘m not a fan of the pocket hose. I had two burst on me and they don’t generate the water flow a normal hose does.

7. Member
    I’ve had two. Both the inner liner busted after the first year. It’s a good idea if someone could build one with quality.

I've come to realize these expandable hoses just aren't going to last more than a year or so... I've bought a few from Amazon over the years, but if you want/need a hose for long term you are just better off with a traditional hose.

For the most part, I don't drink out of my hose, and if my water has enough lead in it to affect my health, I am in a world of hurt.

10. Member
    I tried a bunch of hoses until O bought a heavy black rubber made in the USA hose and will not buy anything else now. I have not had to buy a new hose in 15 years or more now as they just last.

I love a good water hose and my new favorite from Lowes is the 5/8inch Zero-G , light and strong .