Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
  1. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VA Bass View Post
    good thing I am not a doctor so you are good there. can I ask what is your current health condition?

It's obvious you're not a doctor.

To be honest, I've said the same things you're saying years ago when I was working out every day. I lost the weight the good old fashioned way, diet and exercise, lifting weights, trail running and counting macros. But then there was ankle surgery, a bone fusion and I couldn't walk let alone run for an extended length of time. I got back into it eventually after healing but things were a little different with how my body handled the exercise and food, only real difference was age. But I kept working on it, even though it got harder to maintain. Then covid hit me, muscle gone, motivation gone, among other things. My wife, my exercise partner and motivator also got covid only for her it messed up her heart, no longer could exercise, and started having sleep issues along with the heart issues. She became pre diabetic, and I became pre-pre diabetic with all the weight gain.

GLP1 drugs have been a game changer for both of us. It's still difficult, but the weight is coming off, and alot of our health issues are getting better or completely resolved. GLP1 drugs are doing for us in months what years couldn't do.

Currently, I'm overweight, no longer obese and my blood work is near perfect now.
    Thanos was the hero

Here in lies the problem, these are NOT weight loss drugs, do they cause you to lose weight YES but they were developed for diabetes. I take Mounjaro for my DIABEATES its has been AMAZIMG I took over 10 different meds for diabetes and insulin now only the Mounjaro my sugar levels are normal and all is great, bull shit until I can't get the Mounjaro because it is on a nation wide back order for all the bull shit weight loss crap went too weeks with out the drug blood sugars were over 400 thats stroke level is awful what has happened to the drug industry and its race to only make profits I take the drug to survive but hey you can look good in your bikini on the beach right.

3. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Ed View Post
    Here in lies the problem, these are NOT weight loss drugs, do they cause you to lose weight YES but they were developed for diabetes. I take Mounjaro for my DIABEATES its has been AMAZIMG I took over 10 different meds for diabetes and insulin now only the Mounjaro my sugar levels are normal and all is great, bull shit until I can't get the Mounjaro because it is on a nation wide back order for all the bull shit weight loss crap went too weeks with out the drug blood sugars were over 400 thats stroke level is awful what has happened to the drug industry and its race to only make profits I take the drug to survive but hey you can look good in your bikini on the beach right.

Wegovy and Zepbound are specifically for weightloss.
    Thanos was the hero

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    It's obvious you're not a doctor.

To be honest, I've said the same things you're saying years ago when I was working out every day. I lost the weight the good old fashioned way, diet and exercise, lifting weights, trail running and counting macros. But then there was ankle surgery, a bone fusion and I couldn't walk let alone run for an extended length of time. I got back into it eventually after healing but things were a little different with how my body handled the exercise and food, only real difference was age. But I kept working on it, even though it got harder to maintain. Then covid hit me, muscle gone, motivation gone, among other things. My wife, my exercise partner and motivator also got covid only for her it messed up her heart, no longer could exercise, and started having sleep issues along with the heart issues. She became pre diabetic, and I became pre-pre diabetic with all the weight gain.

GLP1 drugs have been a game changer for both of us. It's still difficult, but the weight is coming off, and alot of our health issues are getting better or completely resolved. GLP1 drugs are doing for us in months what years couldn't do.

Currently, I'm overweight, no longer obese and my blood work is near perfect now.
    Well friend, I will be glad to help you with some motivation, diet and exercise advice. I am almost 49 years old and I do understand how age affects us all. I have and still do help a lot of people in the gym with their goals. I do not charge anything I just want people to be healthier. If you are interested please PM me and we talk about things that will help you get you want to go.
    2021/ 200 hp 4 stroke pro xs
    2021 Triton TRX 18
    #3B051045

Wegovy and Zepbound are specifically for weightloss.
    Zepbound users have incredible results. I know half a dozen people currently taking it and they all started late last year or in January and they've lost hundreds of lbs combined. They all simply eat less than they did in the past.

6. Member
    What percentage of the population was obese throughout the years compared to now.

Weight loss drugs are for people that are matter over mind. Using metabolic issues as an excuse is just that, diet changes your metabolism. The injections are for lazy people, plain and simple - its classic American, I want it the easy way without putting in the work and eating right!

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos81 View Post
    What percentage of the population was obese throughout the years compared to now.

Weight loss drugs are for people that are matter over mind. Using metabolic issues as an excuse is just that, diet changes your metabolism. The injections are for lazy people, plain and simple - its classic American, I want it the easy way without putting in the work and eating right!
    he said it and he's 100 % correct. I have heard the whole metabolic/thyroid issue for years. it's quite funny for the people I know personally that tell me that and literally shoving a Big Mac down as we discuss it.
    2021 Triton TRX 18
    #3B051045

8. Member

At work, do you look for simple solutions to problems or try to solve it the hardest way possible?

IMO, accomplishing a task a more difficult way is stupid.

9. Member
    Yeh that is exactly what we mean. You can take the pill and lose weight. However, if you come off of it what then? Working out and eating right is a lifestyle. You can be thin and very very unhealthy. Even if you are taking the meds if you don't eat well you will put the weight back on, the body will adjust I promise you that. Those pills will not build muscle or bone density. There really is no magic pill although the ones listed do cause weight loss, they do not equal health and quality of life. Sure they can help lower BP and help with obesity but a fit body requires muscle mass and bone density. Any doctore will tell you that. But in the end you can choose to do what you will. I offer to help people through exercise and diet no magic here.
    2021 Triton TRX 18
    #3B051045

10. Member
    Some people say Ivermectin can be used to help maintain your overall health.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassnpro1 View Post
    At work, do you look for simple solutions to problems or try to solve it the hardest way possible?

I look for the way that's going to correct and prevent the problem. Changing your habits will both correct and prevent without any deleterious effect. There's no long term data on these drugs, they're expensive and you have to take them for the rest of your life. What happens when you can't afford it any more? Not to mention what happens when the long term side effects pop up (there are going to be some for sure).

A lot of times the easy way isn't the best way.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by willwork4fish View Post
    I look for the way that's going to correct and prevent the problem. Changing your habits will both correct and prevent without any deleterious effect. There's no long term data on these drugs, they're expensive and you have to take them for the rest of your life. What happens when you can't afford it any more? Not to mention what happens when the long term side effects pop up (there are going to be some for sure).

A lot of times the easy way isn't the best way.
    Amen
    2021 Triton TRX 18
    #3B051045

13. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    I wonder, were people so judgemental of diabetics when they started taking insulin? Insulin shots every day certainly doesn't cure diabetes, you have to take them for the rest of your shortened life. Many, maybe all, have to increase dosage as time goes on. And you still end up likely dieing from complications from diabetes. I know my dad did. And many if not all diabetics never get healthy, most never get to a healthy weight.

And what is considered long term data? These drugs have been studied for over 20 years. We know the long term affects of being overweight/obese. It slowly kills you many ways and it's not a maybe, it's likely to. Heart disease, stroke, cancer, diabetes they are all more likely in obese people. I know what health issues are knocking on my door today, tomorrow and next few years if I stay overweight and they suck much worst than a once a week shot if thats what it takes.
    Thanos was the hero

"Did you or someone you know suffer catastrophic results from any of these popular weight loss drugs ? If so, call the law offices of _____________" ....
    Ranting incoherently

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bilgerat View Post
    "Did you or someone you know suffer catastrophic results from any of these popular weight loss drugs ? If so, call the law offices of _____________" ....
    2021 Triton TRX 18
    #3B051045

16. Member
    I wonder, were people so judgemental of diabetics when they started taking insulin? Insulin shots every day certainly doesn't cure diabetes, you have to take them for the rest of your shortened life. Many, maybe all, have to increase dosage as time goes on. And you still end up likely dieing from complications from diabetes. I know my dad did. And many if not all diabetics never get healthy, most never get to a healthy weight.

And what is considered long term data? These drugs have been studied for over 20 years. We know the long term affects of being overweight/obese. It slowly kills you many ways and it's not a maybe, it's likely to. Heart disease, stroke, cancer, diabetes they are all more likely in obese people. I know what health issues are knocking on my door today, tomorrow and next few years if I stay overweight and they suck much worst than a once a week shot if thats what it takes.
    But this is what I am saying. Most diabetics are diabetics because they eat horribly and don't exercise and before they know it they have disabetes!! So instead of waiting until it gets to that point, get off your ass and burn calories, live life, feel good and look good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2021 Triton TRX 18
    #3B051045

17. Member
    How many fat wild animals do you see?

How many countries have an obesity or diabetes rate even near our country’s?

It’s about your lifestyle, plain and simple.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassnpro1 View Post

They are not solutions at all, they are temporary fixes. The minute you stop taking them, unless you altered your life habits, you will get fat again.

19. Member
    They are not solutions at all, they are temporary fixes. The minute you stop taking them, unless you altered your life habits, you will get fat again.
    Ok, don't stop then. Nobody likes a quitter.

20. Member
    How many fat wild animals do you see?

How many countries have an obesity or diabetes rate even near our country’s?

It’s about your lifestyle, plain and simple.
    I guess the wild animal question depends on were you live and what they have to forage on, I’ve butcher whitetail deer that were very fatty/lardy in Minnesota not so much in Texas.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast