Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos81 View Post
    How many fat wild animals do you see?

How many countries have an obesity or diabetes rate even near our country’s?

It’s about your lifestyle, plain and simple.
    Obesity and weight related ailments due to it are increasing globally. Most of the blame can be placed on the processed grain/flour and sugar based shit that people call food these days. Everything you need to thrive is pretty much the perimeter of the market (meat, dairy, produce) ... everything in the middle is poison.
    Ranting incoherently

No. No it's not. The mind may be strong, but the body may not. As others have mentioned, extenuating circumstances interrupt people's "lifestyle"... debilitating injuries, Covid-related heart and respiratory complications, genetic conditions that prevent folks from obtaining sufficient exercise to maintain healthy weight, hormonal changes in women post-childbirth that drastically changes their body chemistry, etc.

I know of people that suffer with these very conditions. Some are fortunate to have access to these new drugs because their insurance covers the cost - others can't. The ones that do are experiencing improved quality of life. The ones who can't or don't... still suffer.

3. Member
    Maybe not in my lifetime, but eventually a TON of this kind of stuff is going to be tied back to genetics. Americans messed up listening to the government and their "food pyramid" while moms who used to cook healthy went to work in droves leaving us latch key kids in the 60's and 70's with lots of sugary snacks, cereal, etc... at our finger tips.

If you think everyone over weight wants to be that way, you're wrong!!!

Just be careful studies have shown women who use these drugs loose weight and become pregnant often. I got a good chuckle from that study.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

Quote Originally Posted by CastingCall View Post
    No. No it's not. The mind may be strong, but the body may not. As others have mentioned, extenuating circumstances interrupt people's "lifestyle"... debilitating injuries, Covid-related heart and respiratory complications, genetic conditions that prevent folks from obtaining sufficient exercise to maintain healthy weight, hormonal changes in women post-childbirth that drastically changes their body chemistry, etc.

I know of people that suffer with these very conditions. Some are fortunate to have access to these new drugs because their insurance covers the cost - others can't. The ones that do are experiencing improved quality of life. The ones who can't or don't... still suffer.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

6. Member
    I will take anything to prevent getting neuropathy in my feet
    Absolutely horrible for folk I know

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CastingCall View Post

None of that makes sense. If you have a covid related ailment which prevents exercise, less calories. The very nature these excuses pop up are humorous. You’ve been trained you need to eat three meals no matter what. Humans by nature were hunter scavengers and were forced to fast.

Earlier someone posted he hurt his ankle, so he gained weight??? The only answer was wegovy… what? The rowing machine was broken? Couldnt do HIIT upper body cardio burns? Its okay to choose the shot, but be honest, you just want the easy button.
    Last edited by Stratos81; 04-25-2024 at 02:48 PM.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JTN View Post
    I guess the wild animal question depends on were you live and what they have to forage on, I’ve butcher whitetail deer that were very fatty/lardy in Minnesota not so much in Texas.
    You do realize those are different sub species of deer, and the fat you saw was supposed to be there for energy store for the winter. It wasn't obesity you witnessed, it was storage. That doesnt apply here, it wasnt “fat”, it had fat.

9. Member
    I am having trouble trying to gain a few pounds. On Ozempic for diabetes and recently started going to a gym 3 times a week. Drinking a protein shake each day for a couple months and only gained 2 pounds. Hopefully the workout will increase my muscle mass enough to require me to be a little more hungry. Need 10 pounds total for my height and build. Wife can’t seem to lose weight and she can’t take anything Ozempic related. Crazy how it effects people different.

10. Member
    Check out some JAIL ROSTERs....Alot of skinny INMATES ........THATs METHED UP !

11. Member
    Not trolling here....this is something I cannot wrap my head around with weight. People who are diabetic (I believe type 2) and people who are obese, is there an actual body chemistry reason that makes them not able to lose weight? This does not make sense to me because a body burns X calories a day just to live so to speak (BMR). My BMR is 1600 for my age, weight and height so if I eat 1600 calories a day and do nothing, my weight doesn't change.

I've always just practiced calories in, calories out daily and try to make those calories in on the healthier side but hey, I'm human and I like pizza and beer. ;). Once again, I am not trolling, just trying to understand. If it's a mental thing, I get that too, we all have our crutches but sometimes I feel like people make excuses to cover up their crutches? If I offended anyone saying that, no offense meant, I get it, mental health is huge and it is not something to be looked down upon, just helped.

12. Member
    Seeing lots of bowel obstruction in pts takin those drugs lately...lots...and nobody likes a proper laparotomy
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by troutspinner View Post
    Not trolling here....this is something I cannot wrap my head around with weight. People who are diabetic (I believe type 2) and people who are obese, is there an actual body chemistry reason that makes them not able to lose weight? This does not make sense to me because a body burns X calories a day just to live so to speak (BMR). My BMR is 1600 for my age, weight and height so if I eat 1600 calories a day and do nothing, my weight doesn't change.

I've always just practiced calories in, calories out daily and try to make those calories in on the healthier side but hey, I'm human and I like pizza and beer. ;). Once again, I am not trolling, just trying to understand. If it's a mental thing, I get that too, we all have our crutches but sometimes I feel like people make excuses to cover up their crutches? If I offended anyone saying that, no offense meant, I get it, mental health is huge and it is not something to be looked down upon, just helped.
    People have been moving less and eating more in general for the past 40 years (if not longer) and food has gotten more and more processed. Your body stores excess calories as fat for the most part, some macros get stored as fat more preferentially like carbs. All sugars aren't processed the same way either, for instance your body can use glucose for energy but not fructose, fructose gets converted in your liver to glucose. What it doesn't need for energy is stored as fat in your liver (and elsewhere) which leads to insulin resistance which leads to metabolic syndrome which leads to diabetes (same can go for excess glucose and carbs as well). You don't have to be overweight to have a fatty liver, metabolic syndrome or type 2 diabetes.

So to answer your question, yes there is some body chemistry involved but in most cases it's not something you were born with...the body did what it does with extra calories and over the years became insulin resistant and the dominoes started falling.

I've looked into this for the past 4 or 5 years a lot since my dad's liver cancer diagnosis. You'd never look at him and say you'd bet he was diabetic, 5'11" 175-180lbs for most of his life. Played racquetball, exercised, was active (chopped wood, hauled around a canoe, didn't sit around). Same with me, I'm 6'1" 185lbs and have been in the gym for the most part since high school. My bloodwork was always bad especially fasting glucose (110-112) and liver enzymes. Doctor started talking about pre-diabetes and maybe Metformin...no let's adjust your diet just there's a pill. Anyway I don't go to him anymore. I've looked into it on my own, adjusted my diet and now my fasting glucose is in the 80's.

I'm probably never got fat/obese because I just always stopped eating when I wasn't hungry anymore but the foods I was eating were not doing me a ton of good.

14. Member
    Try the Carnivore diet.................

15. Member
    Thanks willworkforfish. Informative. While some people are pre-disposed, kind of like high blood pressure running in the family, behavior plays a role as well, even if pre-disposed, it just gets more complicated. And once again, I am sure that mental health plays a part. Many people are addicted to nicotine, alcohol or worse and I could see people needing a fix for something sugary or even hydrogenated.

I crave things once in a while and for the most part, I satisfy them but if someone has cravings for not so good food as often as say someone who craves nicotine, game over, help is needed.

16. Member
    Man did this get way off track.....the OP asked a simple question to people that have used weight loss shots and what kind of results they have had and after the first page got 5 more pages of slamming overweight people for eating wrong and being lazy

17. Member
    How many fat wild animals do you see?

How many countries have an obesity or diabetes rate even near our country’s?

It's hard to quantify but generally countries with less food have less obesity. Unless you factor in the nutrition values on the package

18. Member
    Do a little research. With the drugs you lose more muscle than with a simple diet. The decimates your metabolism. Once you try to stop them your metabolism is so low you gain the weight back and you are unhealthy.

It is a lot morethan calories in calories out. If it was so easy why do we have so many fat people, so many with diabetes, so many with heart disease all while following the eat less excercise more model.

The 3 macros are carbs, protiens and fats. Think of protien as the building blocks of muscles and bones. You need 1 gram of protien per lb of body weight goal per day.

Some one please tell me the essential carb that is needed for health. There is none.

Fats and carbs are the fuel. You build the house with the protien and you fuel it with carbs.

When you run on a high carbs diet your body can not burn stored fat. Do you think our body wouldnt have a way to access stored energy. It does it through ketosis. The keto diet is a low carb diet that promotes metobolic flexibilty. The standard diet is the opposite and goes against evolution.
    Learn what your a1c is. If its between 5.7-6.4 you are prediabetic and will likely be diabetic within 10 years. The way to lower a1c is a low carb diet. Above 6.4 you are diabetic but you can reverse it with a low carb/keto diet

Your body has a very narrow range for gluclose. You will be very sick ior die if it is out of the range. Insulin helps get the gluclose out of your blood so you dont die. Someone with a high a1c is insulin resistance, that is it takes more and more insulin to keep the gluclose in check. The insulin is causing damage to blood vessels, heart, eyes etc. you want to get insulin down. How, with a low carb diet. The funny thing is insulin is doing the damage but when you have diabetes they give you more insulin. No you know why diabetics are so sick and go blind or have limbs amputated. Diabetes can be reversed with a low carb/keto diet.

What makes a low carb diet. Less than 50 grams of carbs. One gram of protien per lb of body weight and the rest fats. Ribeyes are goid, eggs are good bacon is good . Bread is bad corn oil is deadly, sugar is bad.

Lot of good info on youtube. Dr ken berry, dr ekberg, dr berg, dr chaffee.

From there you need to learn about exercise. Exercise builds bones and muscle. Oh dr sean omara is good

There is a thing that happens as we age, sarcopenia. Its the loss of muscle. Remember i said the drugs cause loss of muscle. If you want to live a long active life you need to slow the muscle loss not accellerate it. A proper diet and exercise with slow the muscle loss.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by harrys View Post
    Man did this get way off track.....the OP asked a simple question to people that have used weight loss shots and what kind of results they have had and after the first page got 5 more pages of slamming overweight people for eating wrong and being lazy
    Overweight people should not be slammed. The stanard american diet which is pushed buy the medical establishment is to blame. Lies about what foods are good and whats bad. If flour is a healthy food why does it need to be enriched. Why is vegtible oil pushed when it is high in omega 6, an inflammatory. Vegetable oil didn't come in to use until the late 1800s. Our bodies dont recognize it. Do some research into where our food guidelines come from. You will see you are being lied to.

Overweight and sick people need to be shown a different way to eat.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by willwork4fish View Post
    People have been moving less and eating more in general for the past 40 years (if not longer) and food has gotten more and more processed. Your body stores excess calories as fat for the most part, some macros get stored as fat more preferentially like carbs. All sugars aren't processed the same way either, for instance your body can use glucose for energy but not fructose, fructose gets converted in your liver to glucose. What it doesn't need for energy is stored as fat in your liver (and elsewhere) which leads to insulin resistance which leads to metabolic syndrome which leads to diabetes (same can go for excess glucose and carbs as well). You don't have to be overweight to have a fatty liver, metabolic syndrome or type 2 diabetes.

So to answer your question, yes there is some body chemistry involved but in most cases it's not something you were born with...the body did what it does with extra calories and over the years became insulin resistant and the dominoes started falling.

I've looked into this for the past 4 or 5 years a lot since my dad's liver cancer diagnosis. You'd never look at him and say you'd bet he was diabetic, 5'11" 175-180lbs for most of his life. Played racquetball, exercised, was active (chopped wood, hauled around a canoe, didn't sit around). Same with me, I'm 6'1" 185lbs and have been in the gym for the most part since high school. My bloodwork was always bad especially fasting glucose (110-112) and liver enzymes. Doctor started talking about pre-diabetes and maybe Metformin...no let's adjust your diet just there's a pill. Anyway I don't go to him anymore. I've looked into it on my own, adjusted my diet and now my fasting glucose is in the 80's.

I'm probably never got fat/obese because I just always stopped eating when I wasn't hungry anymore but the foods I was eating were not doing me a ton of good.
    There is something referred to as tofi. Thin outside and fat inside. This refers to carrying visceral fat around the organs. Viceral fat is very bad. Think of a slender guy that has that belly that pushes out. If you dont have a flat belly you have viceral fat. The only way to see it is with an mri.

Dr sean omara has viewed more than 6000 MRIs as part of a study for the national institute of health. Go to youtube and watch his videos.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast