C-map after update

Since I installed the update prior to last weeks release I've noticed that on my unit things have changed with my built in c-map and c-map reveal card. Now my c-map reveal card is called c-map onboard and built in is c-map NA-Y214. I dont remember them being like that. Also since the update on the built in map I got alot of brown/tan areas that are showing up in the middle of the lake. What could cause that?

Thanks

2. Member
    Got a pic of the map?

3. Member
    Following.
    2007 Bass Cat Pantera IV
    2018 G3 Sportsman 1710

4. Member
    This is weird. I purchased 2 Elite 9 FS units at the same time last year. While checking that I had identical color lines on each unit I noticed one unit had C-MAP OnBoard and the the other had C-MAP Contour+ as the default map. I swear they both had Contour+ when I purchased them. (the Navionics and NAY-212 are cards) See pics
    IMG_3373.JPEG
    IMG_3372.JPEG

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HookedAgain! View Post
    Got a pic of the map?
    yes, i've got to figure out how to post

6. Member

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buckmaster27012 View Post
    Since I installed the update prior to last weeks release I've noticed that on my unit things have changed with my built in c-map and c-map reveal card. Now my c-map reveal card is called c-map onboard and built in is c-map NA-Y214. I dont remember them being like that. Also since the update on the built in map I got alot of brown/tan areas that are showing up in the middle of the lake. What could cause that?

Thanks
    CMap On Board is what is built into your unit. The CMap Reveal is the card, There is NO Way those can get affected by an UPDATE. The pic above is either depth shading or shaded relief is turned on Shaded Relief would only be on the CMAP Reveal, Depth Shading is on both.

8. Member
    Just cause you bought them same time does not mean they were produced the same time. Any unit built after Sept 2022 will have CMap on Board before would be Contour plus.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Basshopper View Post
    Just cause you bought them same time does not mean they were produced the same time. Any unit built after Sept 2022 will have CMap on Board before would be Contour plus.
    I was thinking along those lines. Is there any difference between the two of them?

10. Member
    The On Board has all of N America including Canada, The contour Plus is just US Same basic data and functions.

11. Member
    Thanks....
    OP.....Sorry about the thread hi-jack. Was not my intention.