Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Genesis Maps Has Been Down For 2 Weeks

I've sent two emails to the company, asking them how long the website will be down, and they've never replied. I always upload my sonar logs to the Social Map, so I don't know if the Genesis Edge web site is working for those who pay for the annual membership.

Is anyone else having issues with the Genesis Maps web site? It sure will be nice to have that web site up and running again. When I try to open genesismaps . com all I get is the blank white screen with the following message at the top 503 Service Temporarily Unavailable

Update: as of 8/19 Genesis Maps is back up and running
    Last edited by Sabre Fan; 08-22-2023 at 12:06 AM.

2. Member
    They where hacked, i am Sure that the reason for it not working now!

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Frikster View Post
    They where hacked, i am Sure that the reason for it not working now!
    Thanks, I wasn't aware of that.

4. Member
    Yup, it is down for all of us.
    ciao,
    Marc

5. Member
    yeah it's pretty crazy they haven't sent out any additional update to paying customers after two weeks of being down during peak fishing season

it's really not a good sign that brunswick's IT staff hasn't been able to get anything restored two weeks after the problem was reported. that's an insanely long amount of time in IT. the "security incident" must have destroyed all the backups as well. i don't understand how wall street hasn't noticed this yet, but surely that's the reason brunswick is remaining so tight lipped about it.

6. Member
    Just thinking about the “they were hacked”. I suppose that means they have all of our passwords, login info and whatever we had stored in their data bank???

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass in the grass View Post
    Just thinking about the “they were hacked”. I suppose that means they have all of our passwords, login info and whatever we had stored in their data bank???
    Yes. But more importantly now they have all my fishing way points.
    Collins Boating Pro Staff - Smithfield, North Carolina
    JeffreyDavisFishing.com
    | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram | NC Bass Challenge

8. Member
    It must have been a catastrophic security breech. They should have posted some information on the C-Map web site by now, but it seems like they are trying to hide something. This was also the first year that they made the change to "grid sections" rather than individual lakes for uploads and downloads. I guess it's just a waiting game now, to see when or if they resolve the issues...

9. Member
    Has anybody heard anything? Looks like it's still down and no response feom contacting them.

10. Member
    If you register for their email list you would be getting notices with updates. They are still down.
    ciao,
    Marc

11. Member
    C-map was up this morning for login. Genesis not so much.
    2020 G3 1810 Dual Console - Lowrance HDS-7 Live/HDS-12 Live/Active Target - Lowrance Ghost - Yamaha 90 - 8' Power Pole Blades (2) - BoatEFX steps

Florida Carry Region 3 Representative - oh, and KISS rules!

12. Member
    I received at least 2 emails from Lowrance about their Mobile App site getting hacked, and they estimate their mobile app site will be back online around July 8th. I'm guessing it's the same security breech that Genesis Maps got hit with. I'm pretty sure I subscribed to the Genesis Maps web site for email updates, but I still haven't heard from Genesis Maps.

13. Member
    The majority of Brunswick companys are down, Mercury is not even answering the phone at least of 2 wks ago. So this is all bigger than just Lowrance.

14. Member
    Here is the text from one of the recent emails I received:

Dear C-MAP APP user,

We recently became aware of an unauthorized access to our information technology system that is impacting access to the C-MAP app. We apologize for the inconvenience that this is causing and are working diligently to restore access as soon as possible. At this stage, we expect full access to be restored not later than Saturday, July 8th.

Due to this inconvenience, we will be extending the subscription period for our premium users by three months at no cost. This extension will be automatically added to your account and no action is required by you.

No C-MAP app user payment information was exposed as a result of this incident. However, some identifying information, such as name, email, app password, and app geo-location information may have been accessed. Although we are unaware of any misuse of this data, we recommend that you change your C-MAP app password when service is restored. If you are currently logged-in to the app, you can continue using securely and without interruption. If you choose to log out of the app, you won’t be able to regain access until the app is restored.
    Safeguarding your personal information is of paramount importance to us. We have invested heavily in cybersecurity and will continue to do so – and we will incorporate the learnings from this incident to further strengthen our defenses. We again sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this has caused.

Regards,

The C-MAP Team.
    ciao,
    Marc

15. Member
    At least that's something. Guess it also explains why Lowrance couldn't get me a previous update in over 2 weeks.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Marcantonio View Post
    Here is the text from one of the recent emails I received:

Dear C-MAP APP user,

We recently became aware of an unauthorized access to our information technology system that is impacting access to the C-MAP app. We apologize for the inconvenience that this is causing and are working diligently to restore access as soon as possible. At this stage, we expect full access to be restored not later than Saturday, July 8th.

Due to this inconvenience, we will be extending the subscription period for our premium users by three months at no cost. This extension will be automatically added to your account and no action is required by you.

No C-MAP app user payment information was exposed as a result of this incident. However, some identifying information, such as name, email, app password, and app geo-location information may have been accessed. Although we are unaware of any misuse of this data, we recommend that you change your C-MAP app password when service is restored. If you are currently logged-in to the app, you can continue using securely and without interruption. If you choose to log out of the app, you won’t be able to regain access until the app is restored.
    Safeguarding your personal information is of paramount importance to us. We have invested heavily in cybersecurity and will continue to do so – and we will incorporate the learnings from this incident to further strengthen our defenses. We again sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this has caused.

Regards,

The C-MAP Team.
    Thanks for posting this! I've always gotten their emails before the security breech, but haven't seen an email from them since.

17. Member
    And... they are back up and running today.
    ciao,
    Marc

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Marcantonio View Post
    And... they are back up and running today.
    Genesis maps is still down.
    2020 G3 1810 Dual Console - Lowrance HDS-7 Live/HDS-12 Live/Active Target - Lowrance Ghost - Yamaha 90 - 8' Power Pole Blades (2) - BoatEFX steps

Florida Carry Region 3 Representative - oh, and KISS rules!

It's still down for updating the card however. This is the screen when I clicked on the link to down load the gofree software so I can update my chart.0706230517a_HDR.jpg

20. Member
    I just tried to open Genesis Maps and I'm still getting the white screen that says

503 Service Temporarily Unavailable

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast