Xpress Lid Seal mod

Hey guys, Ive been looking pretty hard at getting an Xpress but having a hard time getting over the reputation of how leaky the boxes are due to not having much of a lip.

Was watching a video earlier and this guy has a much different looking raised lip with gasket on his than it looks like is standard, is this an option from Xpress ? Never seen it before ? Pic attached
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    It is not the lip, I sealed mine but the seams under the carpet is what leaks. Cj
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

3. Member
    I have the spray liner and I sealed all of the seams. It helped a good bit of the leaks but still gets a little bit of water in there. I think its from where the key goes, once the water packs in there, it drips into the compartments.

4. Member
    I ordered this from Amazon and installed them inside all the lips under the lids. Granted, it’s an older H18.

While I don’t often go out in all-day pouring rain, I did get rained on pretty hard a few times on the water as when trailering. Compartments remained mostly dry. They have held up well after two years.

IMG_0265.jpeg

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSpaniard View Post
    I ordered this from Amazon and installed them inside all the lips under the lids. Granted, it’s an older H18.

While I don’t often go out in all-day pouring rain, I did get rained on pretty hard a few times on the water as when trailering. Compartments remained mostly dry. They have held up well after two years.

IMG_0265.jpeg
    Did the same on our 2001 X19, works like a charm!

6. Member
    Not the lids that leak. In my X18, I think most of the water backs up through the drains...