Thread: From Lowrance

From Lowrance

Here is a responce I got from Lowrance on Facebook. I know some don't use FB so here is my statement and their responce... Which I'd suggest all of those with problems follow.. Just report what has happened with your set-up... https://www.facebook.com/Lowrance

Mike Jacobs
    So, seems as though Lowrance screwed the pouch on these latest updates for the LIVES and AT. Has there been an official statement "any where" on "What They" are doing about it? While all the product promos are real nice and pretty, it sure would ease t… See more

~~ Reply ~~

Author
    Lowrance
    We are turning in every single complaint about the 23.3 update to our management so we can work on a fix. If you're having an issue, please let us know what you're experiencing so we can get it turned in. We understand it's the busy season and we want our customers out enjoying their equipment, we're working very hard to ensure we correct any issues that are identified. Thanks.
    No one can be wrong that often so it has to be deliberate.

2. Member
    Since 18.3 software update we all are science-rabbits... Strange that firmware isn't tested as need - before release.

Quote Originally Posted by OBT View Post
    Here is a responce I got from Lowrance on Facebook. I know some don't use FB so here is my statement and their responce... Which I'd suggest all of those with problems follow.. Just report what has happened with your set-up... https://www.facebook.com/Lowrance
    Well...as easy as it has been to identify some of these issues in a short time of use, it sure makes you wonder what the field testers have doing.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OBT View Post
    This location is Navico UK nothing to do with anything in the US.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Basshopper View Post
    This location is Navico UK nothing to do with anything in the US.
    It has a lot do do with Navico US, they are sister-companies and all report to the same people.

6. Member
    I remember a post many years ago with a member replying after it was announced that an update has just been put out.
    He replied.. "you go first". He was absolutely correct.
    It just seems like their tech / engineering department uses us as guinea pigs to work on there equipment.
    It still happens today and it also happened when the Ghost first came out.
    Many functions were not available to use when first released and spotlock never worked on the smaller boats until they came up with a solution with an update. Again using us as guinea pigs.
    Last edited by Aj14; 06-12-2023 at 10:42 AM.

7. Member
    The update widely resolved the huge issues they were having with the newly launched AT2 and HDS Pro units. Some users (myself included) were waiting roughly 6-months to have acceptably functioning new installations. This included the issues being shown during international media coverage events by Lowrance sponsored pro staff.

Something that might be worth considering from a business/marketing standpoint.

It’s fine to be upset about it effecting legacy units. Downgrade your software where possible and think twice about rushing in the future to update legacy units that are functioning well.

It should be obvious at this point to anyone that Lowrance does not have an easy fix for the networking and run-rates (for lack of a better term) between all of the various new and legacy units and internal hardware capabilities.

It’s pretty clear the intent of the update was for Lowrance to resolve the very serious issues with the new product launch. Whether you want to say or not that it was at the expense of legacy units, I think is too big of an oversimplification of the problem they’re trying to resolve.

(…and yes there are many glitches/issues that still remain even with the new AT2/Pro updated software, are we going to wait another 6+ months for an update?)
    Last edited by mnmatt; 06-12-2023 at 10:04 AM.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodman View Post
    Well...as easy as it has been to identify some of these issues in a short time of use, it sure makes you wonder what the field testers have doing.
    x2