Mark's High Performance Propeller

Having trouble getting an email response from Mark. Is he still in business?

Try calling

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

3. Member
    I tried twice too & never got a response. Probably something going on with his email or something. They’ve always answered the phone when I called though & never not gotten a response from email until this week.

Mark will get back to you just give him time. He answered my email question but it did take a few days for him to reply (4) or more.
    When I did call I believe his wife answered the phone and she took my order.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by northlander View Post
    Mark will get back to you just give him time. He answered my email question but it did take a few days for him to reply (4) or more.
    Okay. It's been a little longer than a few days. I'm hearing impaired so emails are my go to for communication.

6. Member
    He is a hard guy to reach, but he will get back to you. From my experience with him, he is incredibly busy. Very knowledgeable and as far as I'm concerned, the best prop guy out there.
    Jerod
    2017 Triton 21TrX Elite
    Mercury Pro XS 250
    Ultrex 112, Mega 360 w/ Helix 10 Di Si Meg+
    Garmin Livescope + on an Ultra 122SV at the bow.
    Garmin Ultra 122SV and Ultra 126SV at the Helm

7. Member
    Try calling, he is good about calling people back

Quote Originally Posted by northlander View Post
    It took a little over a week to have Mark making me a Razor 4 blade XL and I was really impressed by his workmanship. I have not tried it yet as I am out of town but I will give you my thoughts on it when I do.

IMG_0061.jpegIMG_0060.jpeg

9. Member
    Wow. I placed an order for an XL nearly four months ago...

Same pitches? One was probably in stock
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

11. Member
    None left in stock, talked to him yesterday. Not making the razor 4 xl or non xl. Is selling razor 4 xlr now. newer model and better. He is still in business will be selling but staying until he's satisfied with the new shop owners.

12. Member
    23P

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 6BOOMER View Post
    None left in stock, talked to him yesterday. Not making the razor 4 xl or non xl. Is selling razor 4 xlr now. newer model and better. He is still in business will be selling but staying until he's satisfied with the new shop owners.

Did he say what the difference is? I just got my 4 xlr in and I love it. I had the razor 4 xl and needed a couple pitches higher. I didn't look at the two together so I didn't see anything different.
    2021 Xpress X19 Pro 200 SHO
    2019 Crestliner VT 18 115 Pro XS. Hummingbirds, 17P X7 stainless prop

14. Member
    Im interested in this as well. Been wanting a razor to try. But need the correct pitch for my setup. Please post back if anyone knows the difference in props?

15. Member
    I spoke with Mark the other day as I was wanting another Razor in a lower pitch for watersports. The XLR has more rake, meaning the blades are swept more rearward which will provide more bow lift.
    Allison XB-21 ProSport
    Yamaha 250 SHO
    Croxton Razor 4XL

16. Member
    How do the razors, or xlr compare between pitches? Say a 25p tempest plus. Is a 25p xlr close to the same? (Not up a pitch or down a pitch, etc?)

17. Member
    Mark advised the razor's run stiff. If you can turn a 26P temp plus you should use a 24P Razor. XLR should not be as stiff. I haven't received mine yet but is one pitch less than the TP.

18. Member
    Everytime I call them they've answered. Mark also took time recently to walk me through prop education and selection. Stand up folks!

Difficult Takes a DAY! Impossible Takes a WEEK!