Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Glad to read that through all that, you are okay. It is a reminder that wearing a lifejacket of some sort while fishing alone is smart. I personally need to get back into that habit myself.
    Just be kind to one another. It really is that simple.

https://www.instagram.com/the_lenny_draper/

2. Member
    Two kinds of fishermen. Those who have fallen in the water and those that are going to fall in the water. I've fell in once but came close a couple of times.

3. Member
    Glad you are okay. Can happen to any of us. That’s why it’s important for dad to be wearing his when he has little junior on board. Imagine going in and drowning while your little man is trapped on the boat alone until someone comes along.
    Hang on. I'll help you in 77 minutes.

4. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    Glad everything more or less turned out ok , but you will be sore tomorrow it always takes a day or two to really feel the results...lol
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

5. Member
    I'm old. I wear an inflatable ALL the time until I get the boat pulled (by myself) and onto the parking lot. This should be a wake up call. At least you didn't have your cell phone in your pocket.
    My inflatable couldn't weigh more than 3 or 4 pounds.
    You could have been easily knocked unconscious or broken something when the boat ran over you to keep you from swimming.
    Great descriptive story with a happy ending, you didn't make the local news.

Welcome to the club…and super impressed after all that, the words “wiped down the boat” were used. Hardcore brother…hardcore.

7. Member
    Glad you’re okay. If you don’t have it maybe consider a first aid kit and keep a change of clothes or a blanket. I finally put those items in my boat after reading a couple stories like yours. I hope I never need them.
    2008 Skeeter 21I. Yamaha 250 Series II.
    2011 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 4x4.

8. Member
    Glade u are ok, you should say thank u to someone above it could have gone much worst.

9. Member
    Glad you are not hurt to bad and get over the soreness quickly. PSA...peroxide dissolves blood.

10. Member
    I'm glad your ok and not hurt to bad. I have a rule in my boat that if anyone falls out including me, anyone else is required to laugh, and yes... I've done the same thing as you and went overboard. My buddy laughed his ass off and then helped me back in the boat. Wasn't so funny for him when he fell in with his gun, keys, phone etc. stepping from the boat to the dock to get the truck. And yes... I laughed my ass off...lol

11. Member
    Glad everything was OK. Ladder, first aid kit, and a water proof bag with change of cloths.

12. Member
    It happens, glad you lived to tell the story.

The last time it happened to me I dead entered a stump running the trolling motor on high chasing a school of fish. At that time I was pissed because the last pack of smokes in the boat were ruined in my pocket and I had to make a run to get more.

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Whoa that is a scary tale so thankful you are all right and didn’t sustain a head injury and were able to get back in the boat safely.

14. Member
    Ok that seals the deal! Glad you are ok! I am getting a ladder.

Went out this morning and tore the smallies up on a buzzbait doing the same thing I did yesterday but the only thing I did this time was trim the big motor so that only the skeg was in the water. Had no worries about what happened and it never even crossed my mind when I started fishing...but made sure that the truck keys and wallet were in the glove box this time. Yeah there was a LOT that could have gone wrong but like the folks from BassCat said just go with it and jump in the water versus trying to stop what is going to happen anyway. Was a little sore when I rolled out of bed but after a few casts everything was good.

I do fish by myself and have thought about getting a lite weight vest...the kind that would inflate when it gets wet cause this type wouldn't be too much of a problem to wear during the summer.

Glad your alright and got to go out again.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

17. Member
    Be careful in that Illinois river water there are some fish that will eat you alive with 3 eyes. Glad you are for the most part OK and going to have a story to tell for awhile it sounds like.

Quote Originally Posted by Rangerdeepv View Post
    Be careful in that Illinois river water there are some fish that will eat you alive with 3 eyes. Glad you are for the most part OK and going to have a story to tell for awhile it sounds like.
    Ain't had the pleasure to catch anything with 3 eyes yet but I will tell you this about that river. There are a LOT of everything as in smallies, largemouth, walleye/sauger, crappie, and even pike. Buddy of mine was fishing out of my boat and we were fishing a current seam and he caught a 36" pike on a crankbait. Yes...it was a pike and not a gar. This morning I caught about 20 smallies between 10"-17" with the majority of them over 13". Yesterday before I went involuntarily swimming I caught 3 largemouth between 2-3 pounds. In the fall we catch smallies over 3 pounds and there are bigger ones in there...just haven't figured out where to locate them as these fish are ALWAYS on the move after bait...and right now there is fry and bait EVERYWHERE and that is all that they will hit is a bait fish type bait.

19. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    I can see it happening. Was fishing a flat way back in a bay and somebody came in too fast and stood up pretty fast after he shut down he was on casting deck moving forward when the boat dropped off plane and the skeg grabbed the bottom. He just kept walking from my view
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12