Thread: Two chargers?

Two chargers?

When I purchased my barely used Sabre from a Ranger dealer,(former owner traded in on a 17’), they must have swapped out chargers. Mine has a 3 x 5 amp Minn Kota, but they also left another 5 amp single in the boat. I have never used it. Question is, if I ever needed to, can could I put those leads on my 31AGM that runs electronics/starter? That would mean two chargers on that battery at once ?
    2023 BassCat Sabre FTD
    2023 175 Pro XS

No

3. Member
    Sure you could. If either has electronic controls it might drive them crazy. 5 amps is too lame to properly charge a bass boat battery especially an AGM. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

4. Member
    Yes you can. Minnkota told me as long as i didn't go over 20 amps per battery it was fine. I charged a 12 volt trolling motor battery with two 5 amp banks on it for years.

Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    Sure you could. If either has electronic controls it might drive them crazy. 5 amps is too lame to properly charge a bass boat battery especially an AGM. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.
    I was always under the impression, that if quick time is not was an issue, that low amp charge is as good or better than higher rate.The previous 31 SEARS AGM PM1 lasted 11 years on 5 amp charges.
    Last edited by drainplug; 06-09-2023 at 07:53 AM.
    2023 BassCat Sabre FTD
    2023 175 Pro XS

6. Member
    5 amp is good but not quick!