Thread: Livewell issues

Livewell issues

I have a new Ranger Rt188c. The livewell pumps will not prime or pump water unless I put the boat into reverse and force water into pump. My dealer is a four hour drive. Any suggestions before I make that journey to the shop.

2. Member
    The hoses could be routed in a way that causes an airlock. If they go up from the pump and then down to the discharge (creating a high spot) that high spot will be the problem.

3. Member
    welcome to the site---try here also ranger forum
    https://www.bbcboards.net/forumdisplay.php?f=47
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

Quote Originally Posted by mikeky View Post
    The hoses could be routed in a way that causes an airlock. If they go up from the pump and then down to the discharge (creating a high spot) that high spot will be the problem.
    THIS ^^^ is the problem.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

5. Member
    My 2012 Skeeter did that I just turned on the pumps and open the valve when I backed off the trailer. Took care of the priming issue.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeky View Post
    Bingo! Went through this with the prior boat. It can be as minor as rotating the Flowrite open/close valve body.

7. Member
    Yeah i have a hard time priming my wells with fish too man
    Last edited by ColdSVT; 06-08-2023 at 04:47 PM.
    2020 Skeeter ZX150